• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cedar Lake Fishing Reports - Scott County - New Prague

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Portlis

• ThunderLund78

• BronzeBrother

• Mike Dumas

Still looked to be 30"+ of ice out on Cedar. Was out there last night. Caught a couple big sunnies and just hammered the crappies. Bite was fast and furious from 7:30pm-9pm. Hope everyone else is having good luck

Are people still driving out or walking only now? I was out there this past weekend and the road out of the boat launch was really bad but a few brave people still drove out.

I had some friends drive out last week. Plenty of ice thickness. The problem would be the access areas being rutted, slushy, etc. Eventually there will be slush problems out on the lake too but if you can get out there and have 4 WD you should be OK for now.

My turn to ask, anybody been on Cedar lately and what are the access conditions, lake driving conditions? Could I make it out with a 2 wheel drive?

plenty of ice and u will make it pretty where u want with a 2wd right now,i use the small access it was good yesterday

Drove by the north access on my way to work this morning--VERY WET. There were puddles out there that looked like you could paddle canoe across. Big difference a day and a little rain make. And this all-day rain will only make it worse. I definitely wouldn't 2-wheel it now, plus the 60 deg temps this weekend will really make it sloppy. Still a lot of ice under those puddles, but bring on open-water, as far as I'm concerned.