• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gull Lake Fishing Reports

I think everyone has the same feeling. Just give it time. Sounds like cooler weather is on the way.

Have you tried trolling around Sandy Point???

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Traxxx

• gregg52

• Sportland_Bait

• kingfish689

Out and about before sunrise A few eyes, taking them off the hook actually warmed up my hands as the air was colder than the water, Different! I cant wait until that first snap of cold air arrives to bring in the full fall swing. Overall just being on the water is reward enough.

hopefully with the cooler weather this week things will start picking up soon. Give it another week or so and things should improve.

My brother-in law and I fished Gull 9-19-09 feom 9am to 7pm, boated 10 eye's, 9 to 19 inchers (all released). Sunny and 85 with no wind...ish frown. Sunday 9-20-09 8 am to 2 pm, much better, good wind and some over cast, 18 eye's, 6 to 22 inchs. Kept two for dinner (15 inchers) and released the rest. No bites with jigs all caught reverse rigging either red tails (small ones) or raibows, 7 to 9 foot snells, PINK hooks and slow speeds .4 to .5 mph. Saturdays fish in 27 fow sundays in 32 fow. Going back up in two weeks when the water temps are below 72 crazy.... Hope this helps...Good Luck...

F&F....

Thanks for the update. Gotta love reverse rigging with redtails. Things should pick up in the next week or so with the cooler weather.

How much are redtails up there now??

Can't wait to get up there.

Rodmaker, SW on 371....8.99/dozen. Some in the 4 doz we bought were almost eaters grin. They also had rainbows, shiners, fats and rosie reds. The fish didnt care red tails or rainbows, but the pink hooks out produced red or greens 4 to 1!

I'll be up that way Oct. 7th-11th...I'd really like to see the water temps in the mid-50's by then but I don't think there's a chance of that happening. Thanks for the updates...keep them coming.

I launched at the gull dam rec area today, and was surprised that I was only the 4th vehicle in the lot given the late morning (10:30). I was probably about the only person not fishing for walleyes as well smile Caught about 30 or so fish. About half were largemouths with no size, then an equal mix of pike, rock bass, and perch. Perch couldn't resist floating minnow raps, while the pike went after white spinnerbaits, and the bass LOVED jointed raps! One of the rock bass I caught actually put up a heckuva fight...I thought I had a slab crappie on for awhile. Anyway, couldn't have asked for a better day to be on the water, chilly at first, but warmed up real nice, barely any wind...almost perfect grin

I don't know for sure, but probably over 70 yet. And with the calm, sunny day today it probably got even warmer. Majority of my fish came ontop of weeds in about 7 ft of water.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to a local bait shop yesterday about the water temp and if it is turning over yet. She told me the temp was 52 and the bite was excellent. That doesn't make much sense if that were true. I don't think the water can turnover that fast with it being that deep. If it did turnover that fast the bite should still be pretty tough. I will say thatsome bait shops will flat out lie to you on the phone to get you up there, and that the eye's are biting best on redtails. That being said, if I can get any kind of trustworthy report I am going to give it a shot this Sunday.

Hey Mojo, those are some pretty harsh words. They may not know at S&W. If it is not your kind of place, fine, but don't go bashing S&W on a public forum with out hard facts. Turnover, when it happens, is as murky as the water it creates and I would not ask the FINE folks at S&W if and when it would occur. I would ask others and leave them to selling their FINE redtails, rainbows etc.