• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HI I'll be heading up to Stalker Lake to a little resort on the southside next to the access. I am wondering if you guys have any tips? we really like the area and are hoping to find a new place to waste our money and catch a few walleyes. Just wondering if the place is still ice cold or if the fish would be in post spawn?

I was out on Stalker Saturday. Water temps were in the high 40's. Pelicans were having a lot of fun eating big bullheads and the Cormorants were catching a few minnows. I caught a cold. Nothing shallow as far as panfish, I mean zero, nada, nothing. Did not see even a minnow. I would guess that the eyes will be relatively shallow though. Will probably see you out there on the opener. Good luck.

Thank you sir, i'll be in a 14' lund laker and 25horse johnson trying my best. Thanks again

Hello adamolson7, we too will be renting a cabin near the access; but a couple weeks later over the Memorial Day weekend. Any tips you can offer after your outing would be greatly appreciated. Goodluck with the fishing, Kevin.

Hey Spitn, I love that name for your club smile I duck hunt up in that area near Stalker, and that sounds just like me and my brother setting dekes!!! ha! smile

Good luck up there. I will be on Pelican second weekend after opener, and probably will hit a few other lakes too, sometimes Stalker. Will report if we hit it this year.

Thankyou BoxMN, any fishin info on Stalker prior to our arrival will be much appreciated!!! Feel free to start a Spit N Argue Duckclub chapter in your area. Goodluck with your fishing this year. Kevin.

for what its worth... we got skunked on walters til sun night and a couple were pulled in. got plenty of snakes and a few very nice slabs. talked to a local in dalton and he said he grew up on that lake and was only able to pull a couple small ones (walleyes) up on sat. they were tough to find but shiners were the bait of choice with only bass (2-3lbs) coming in on fatheads. I don't think the weather helped us a bit... good luck and say hi to gwen for me wink

I was also in the Dalton area and the fishin was not good!! I never saw a walleye caught! Slow fishing would have been great!

Hello adamolson7 thanks for the update. If you don't mind me asking; would you mind email me? I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask about your cabin at Stalker Lake. Thanks Kevin

[email protected]

I took a butt whooping also. Water temps right around 50 and only a few small pike for my efforts. A few bass came off the old pencil reeds, but no panfish could be found. I tried Long on Saturday afternoon, more small pike. Not for lack of effort. Hopefully better days are coming.

Can anyone give an update on Stalker this weekend? Water temp and panfish info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin.

I fished stalker today, from 0800 to 12 noon. No panfish shallow yet. Water temps were in the low 50's, warmest I found was 54. If the weather prediction is right, the water should warm up nicely by the weekend. I would guess we should see 60 or better by the weekend. Everything and every lake will break loose then. Caught a few pike, small and a few LM on the breaks on a crankbait this morning. Search high and low for some panfish shallow but nothing. Talked to a few guys chasing eyes and that was pretty slow. Lilly pads are just starting to un-curl on the bottom now, when they get a little taller it should be lights out.

Hey spitn, we didn't make it to Stalker. Hit Ottertail on Friday morning, but got nothing but windburn... pretty bouncy out there. There was a tourney out there, and we saw lots of boats but only one pike caught. I hope it picked up for them after we left, as we left by 11 am.

Then we hit Long by Evansville and only got a few bass and pike, but my brother did catch a carp, ha!

Then we went to our normal water Pelican and didn't set any records, but we caught some nice walleye. Biggest was 26.5" but most were right around the 20" mark, so had to measure accurately. Water temp was about 55-57. We caught them from 4.5' to 15', on every color, and on crawlers or shiners or fatheads or leeches... so we had it narrowed down, ha! wink

My brother did get a 14.5" crappie so that was cool. We tried for more crapps, but that was the only one we got.

Thanks guys, we will be fishing Stalker Thursday through Monday of this week mainly looking for panfish. We will be sure to post our success or lack of after we get back. Thanks again and if anyone can add to the reports your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all, Kevin.

We just returned from Stalker and can report good fishing. The panfish are shallow and the temps are 60 on the main lake and 64 in the bays. Just find the emerging pads and your sure to find lots of gills, perch, crappies and bass. minnows and bobbers worked great for us on all species. Thanks to all who reported prior to our departure. Goodluck all, Kevin.

What kind of boat were you guys fishing, I saw an older white and blue Crestliner? in the back bay near the outlet with Iowa registration. Talked to a couple of guys. I was fishing in a blue Ranger, bass fishing back there. I think I saw your trucks near the access, staying at the place with the red roof. Panfish were fun this weekend.

We did stay at the place with the red roof, my brother and I fished the main lake in a 14 foot tracker V where we found great panfishing.