• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1st Monday of the Season Report

JBMasterAngler

I played it safe and waited until monday to hit the croix. Launched out of the somerset landing. Had a blast catching white bass from william o'brien down to kiwanis. All were tight to the shoreline and were in the 1.5 to 2.5 pound range. Had I put in an honest day of fishing I could've easily caught 100 of them or so, but because I wasted lot's of time in the backwaters I caught about 2 dozen. Also caught 2 hammer handle pike and 3 smallies. Despite a bad case of wind burn, it was a great day to be out.

Had a blast catching white bass from william o'brien down to kiwanis. All were tight to the shoreline and were in the 1.5 to 2.5 pound range.

I'm hitting those in that same stretch big time as well. Fun fish to fight and they have the feed bag on right now. They were really hitting the gulp minnows and #5 jointed raps for me.

Honestly I think they would've hit anything I cast at them. But I was using silver mepps spinners. White powergrubs will do the trick as well. I wish I would've thought to use 2 baits on a 3 way rig, I would've easily caught 2 fish at once numerous times.