• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I don't want to deal with all the shore fishing people looking for eyes on opening weekend. Has anyone fished Hogback Lake near Isabella? I heard they have a pier and is it accessible by decent roads i have a small two wheel drive S10? Or is there a better option I will walk miles if need be...

Hogback does have a fishing pier, Nice campground as well. Plenty of rainbows in there. There is also a trail that meanders around the lake a bit if the pier isn't producing. Good luck and let us know how ya do.

splakeshaker are the roads pretty good getting back there dirt i can do but not mud

all the roads around there are maintained county roads. there are alot of trout lakes around hogback. good area to lake hop

Thank you for the information I think that i might end up going up there saturday or some day next week

There are few trout lakes back that way. Scarp is about a 1 mile hike if you aren't doing anything at Hogback. There are a few others on the way up 7 from Finland and they are accessible from the road, and Steer lake is like a 1/2 mile hike from 7.

Check out this web site:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/trout_lakes/list.html

That will give you some idea of what there is for trout lakes.

There are also a number of trout lakes around Ely that are easily accessible. Miners, Hanson, High, Dry, Glacier Pond 1 & Glacier Pond 2, Tofte Lake, Pear, Gypsy, Beetle. These lakes are along roads that aren't too bad and/or a little bit of a hike from a road that is decent.