• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Portage Lake Fishing Reports - Bemidji MN

I will be on this lake for the first time open water.. Staying at Sunsetbeach Resort.. How is the angling this time of year?? Around the 4th. July weekend.. Maybe see ya there..

Try posting this on the Leech Lake - Longville - Hackensack forum. I think people there may have better information for ya

fish on this lake every year around the end of may.do very well! the best thing is no slot limit. sunset resort is'nt a class 5 resort but take very good care of you. check out www.fishsunset.com. look at fish tale's 08 you'll see lot's of nice fish.

The other resort is Iowana Beach, they also take very good care of you. I will be there the weekend after opener and always do well. It is also nice to have Winnie and Leech within 10 minutes if you want to try the big water. There is a crew of about 10 of us coming up, and have been for the last 25 years. Stop over at the lodge and have a cool one Brad and Brandy, you won't be disappointed.

You've posted in the right forum. The Bass fishing is second to none!!!! There are walleyes also, and the crappie are great. You shouild have a good time.

Is there an available lake map for Portage? Never been there, but looking for a small lake for around the 1st week of June. Will be putting in at Iowanna with a friend.

Thanks guys If I go before july, I'll let ya know.. Have you seen Bro around lately??

Oh ya, Bro's around. He sold the the place by Portage and is now living north of Deer River. We're all tryning to get our boats ready for this weekend. I bought his ranger this winter and am pumped for the new season.

Marshmallow, how did the weekend go? Or anyone else that was there.

Heading there Friday.

I will be fishin' it propably in June,July.. Were taking up the boat and camper.. Staying at Sunset beach.. We may sneek over to Bowstring also the days we are up.. Maybe see a couple of you's.. I'll post when going up.. Let's have a cold Lakemaid.. I tried it at the Mpls. Sportsmans show.. Good beer..

fished the last 3 days, tough fishing with the weather but good fish. Walleyes have been very aggressive. 7-11 feet on the weed edges. As always Iowana Beach has been the place to be.

Going up friday night.The fishing should be great!I'm guessing the water temp. will be just right. looking to catch some BIG bass'And crappie's! Will report after the weekend. good luck fishing!O'YA the walleye's are easy.