• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

State Record Sturgeon

One of the areas premiere fishing guides, Gary "the Hitman" Herrly had a party out sturgeon fishing and the youngster in the photo may have caught a state record sturgeon. They released the fish which the DNR says may have weighed close to 120 lbs. Stay posted as I get more details. You can see a photo on our website. Woody

The youngsters name who caught the fish is Mathew Nelson. He is from Minnetonka. The sturgeon was 74.5 inches long and had a 32 inch girth. Wow! What an amazing catch! Woody

Very cool Woody. That is one huge sturge! Thanks for sharing. smile

Yes, that is a monster sturgeon.

Can you get me on one of those Woody????

Have you any pictures Woody? If you don't know how to post them, you may e-mail them to me and I will get them up.

Hi Harvey- Give Gary a call @ 218-278-4297. He grew up on the river and knows where them biguns' hide. He will also email you the photo of the fish his client Mathew caught if you can't download it from our website. What a magnificient fish! Woody

Check out the front page story @ ifallsdailyjournal.com. Woody