• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prior Lake - Gill eggs?

Was out on the shoreline on the east side of lower prior last night - found on shore just above the water line thousands of cloudy/clear eggs on shore... The eggs were in a pile 3-6inches wide for at least 300 feet of shore.

Not sure if that kind of loss would make a dent in the population (or at least compared to the daily guantlet at the WW bridge) unless the same could be said on other shorelines on prior. thoughts? Anyone else see this on prior shorelines?

eggs-PL.jpg

On an unrelated side note:

Water is as clear as I've ever seen it - can easily see bottom at 10 feet where I live. I know just a matter of time here before the glowing green starts... can't imagine the zebras would be making it that clear that quickly. Have only found one on shore so far.

i believe those r perch eggs. i see them every yr about this time on most lakes

r they kinda in a clump or attached like a string of tape?

most appeared to be single - no 3dimensional clusters - those attached to each other looked like they washed ashore together didn't appear to be strings but I could be wrong there. Wind/Waves have been blowing same direction pretty hard last few days (previous to today) from across the lake.

not gill eggs. Water temp for spawning gills is above 70.

I like the perch egg idea.

suckers perhaps. I have seen schools of spawning suckers on windblown shorelines cover the shore and water with eggs.

Could be freshwater drums as well (not sure if they are in Prior or not). They just lay their eggs on the surface and let the wind take them away.