• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lost rod and reel

To make a long story short, through a series of unfortunate events, one of my spinning combos fell overboard yesterday on Gervais. I almost went in the drink going after it. It has a cork grip, but not enough to make it float apparently. If anyone runs across a rouge spinning setup on Gervais let me know and I'll identify it.

Thanks,

Nate

Bummer Nate! We have had several rigs go overboard as well, some little kids stuff, and a couple nice "big boy" rods. It makes your heart sink every time.

Sorry to hear about your rod but glad to hear you did not "go in after it" That could have cost you a lot more then the price of a rod and reel combo. Water temps om area lakes can be deadly this time of year. Just a reminder to all my fellow FM'ers

Good Fishing and again sorry to hear about the rod.

Yeah, it was a nice day, but the 55 degree water wouldn't have felt good. I have its watery grave (out from the beach) marked on my GPS.

I saved one last year for a fellow FMer on Demontreville. Get yourself a couple big daredevil spoons and a big weight and start dragging bottom. I hooked in to the one I saved last year on about the 10th cast. It was a Shimano Cumara/Stradic combo. Saved the guy about 400 bucks over buying a new one.

One thing that works well for this is a crank bait retriever. It is basically a 3-4 inch d-ring with a big treble hook off each end. Cost about 5 bucks and saves cranks and fishing poles.

• 1 month later...

Hope to start a detailed search in the near future.

I'll need your location mark!

Ouch. It's always tough. I recommend finding a friend with a camera and dragging some daredevils. Nice work on your part to mark the gps point. If I lived in the area I'd swing by and give a look with my camera....good luck in recovering the setup.

Thanks for the advice. Roddropper, we'll need to head out and see if we can snag it sometime. Who knows, it might be fish holding structure by now!