• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

With rigging friends boats and working on my new one, I was still able to get out for a little crappie hunt. The lakes I hit all had water temps in the 43 to 47.8 was the warmest bay I found. The crappie were still hanging out off the breaks but over shallower water 15-25ft. I know next week is walleye opener and if I din't have to find walleyes for trips starting on the 18th, I think I would go after a few crappies.

I did see some fish on top of the shallow flats on Bemidji and assume they are old marble eyes. I do know where I'm going to start on Sat. and it's as far away from Irving as you can possibly get. hint hint.

I hope everybody at least got their boats out and checked. Don't be that guy when I come to the landing ready to fish, that can't get his boat started and there are 15 people waiting to get in because you're in the way!!! Get that boat out and check it. I've had mine out four times and have been tweeking this and that.(and mine is new!)

I do hope to get out during the week and do a little more looking for crappie.

So good luck everybody and catch some fish.

Good post and great reminders Chris!

To add to the panfish situation, we were out Fri., Sat., and Sunday hunting pannies, and we found water temps. from 47-51 degrees and we had luck in shallow water, 2-6'. The only fish we found that were super active were in the bays that were over 50 degrees.

That's what I was looking for also. I stayed close to home and the lakes were a little larger. Temp is the key this early, just goes to show how important good electronics are!!!