• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am looking for some recommendations for walleye guides on Vermillion. I would like to take my dad out with a guide at the end of June. Our place is on Head of Lakes Bay so preferrably one from the west side. But I know you have to go where the fish are biting so I'm open to East or West.

Thanks~

The end of June should still have a decent walleye bite on the West end. Check the Lake Vermilion web site for a list of the West and East end guides.

I highly reccomend Doug Knore, Joe Panichi, or Buck Lescarbeau.

Casey, one of the moderators on this forum, also has started guiding on the West end. cool

If you decide to fish the East end Casey,Paul, and I all guide on this end.

Cliff

Terry 'Ace' Sjoberg of Ace guide service would be one of my top choices. Good guy and many many years of expierience on Lake Vermillion.

Cliff would be right up there too, and if he mentions Doug, Joe, Buck I'd reckon they must know whats up.

All of the above would get you into fish. In addition Phil Bakken for the east end and Bill Rosner for the west end are excellent guides. You can't hardly go wrong with any of them.

Doug Knore is good on the West End. We had him guide for a us a few years ago and liked him so much we are having him guide for us again at the end of the month.

Didn't he get a full time job somewhere as a caretaker or something?

Terry 'Ace' Sjoberg of Ace guide service would be one of my top choices. Good guy and many many years of expierience on Lake Vermillion.

Not only a great guide but a top notch guy that really cares for the resource, these are the types people should really support!

Joe Panichi, Doug Knoer, or Billy Rosner (check out the April Walleye In-Sider). These guys are excellent guides, and you won't find anyone you would rather spend the day in a boat with.

Doug

I'll second Doug's recommendations. I've fished with all of them, and they are all top notch! Have a great time!

If you would ask me an most people do.... I would say the one an only Zim Flimmer is the best on the west...makes these other guys look like... well dead bait.

He is not easy to find so the hunt for him is just as fun a fishen with him.

Hulk of a man with a shock o red hair like the fires of hell itself an a blazing personality to match.

Oh yeah Zim Flimmer is the man.

Tommy

I thought it was a guy named Zeep Zickau? Doesnt he have a dock where theres never any fish around it?Thats why he started guiding had to get away from it in order to catch fish!

my favorites..

Fishin With Phil

Woodies fairly reliable

buck's best bet