• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Maple Lake Fishing Reports

I cannot wait until this weekend arrives with warmer weather!!! Friday and Saturday evenings, I plan to fish for crappies (and if I'm lucky a walleye or two) on Maple. I'll post a report sometime on Sunday or Monday.

Saturday day will be spent on 1 or 2 different smaller lakes down in that area trying out some new spots and tactics. I can't wait to be out hole-hopping with my bucket and vexilar, and not freezing my butt off.

Good luck and good fishing.

My aunt and uncle live on that lake. We've done fairly well when i've gone up to visit in the winter. I havent heard anything from them yet this year tho!

Caught some nice bass in the summertime

I have hockey practice Saturday early afternoon,(I coach my daughters team) I might try and get out for a few hours. I probably should be on the lake by 3:30. Are they fishing by the public dock?

Tully

I haven't been there in the past couple weeks, but the last time I was there, the crappie bite was near the outlet. Do you know where that is?

Heading out shortly for Maple and as an added bonus, the barometer is dropping. I'll post a report tonight if it's not too late when I get back.

I'm also thinking about heading out to fish either Maple or Union this weekend. I haven't been out up here yet this year, so I'm pretty pumped. Had some pretty good success on it last year. I'll also try and post a report after this weekend. Good luck!

I fished by the outlet about 50yds past the furthest house from where you drive on from about 3 until 9. I caught 4 walleyes between 3 and 4, then crappies after that until 7:30 or so. After 7:30, I marked quite a few but they weren't willing to bite. I'd guess around 30 crappies total, and I kept 6 between 9 and 10 inches for supper tomorrow night. The walleyes were between 16" and 18" and will be tonight's supper.

Walleyes were caught on a orange jigging rap with a minnow head, and most of the crappies came on a pink and white jig with waxworms. Only about a half dozen crappies bit on the minnow.

• 3 months later...

headed out there today and some russian said they were catching them but i didnt see anything but walleyes.so i ddint fish but ice should be all off in 48 hrs with warm weather and wind..

I heard that there is a good spot on the lake that they are getting walleyes

The crappies are bitting like crazy!! Yesterday we caught a couple of Northerns and i caught a 25 in. 10 Lbs. Walleye!!

Today we caught a couple nice Northerns and really nice walleyes!!

They have been catching them at Lakeview like crazy i guess.