• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So it starts like it will be

BigWadeS

a very good year, it appears that last years crop of shorties have grown nicely. No eyes in the boat for us today, but the saugers were on a tear, a lot of misses and light bites, but boy the one's we got were hungry and wanted it right now....starting out to very optimistic season!

It was nice to share the boat with Sandmannd and Loos15 once agian and always to see old friends out there and meet new ones!

Happy fishing everyone,

Wade

I was hoping to hear something like that! I couldn't get out due to other obligations, but I passed over and saw a LOT of boats in the Hudson area. Hope everyone stayed safe and had fun. I'm planning on getting out this week.

Was nice to be out !! we sure didn't put on a clinic today but we managed 2 legals and some shorts and of course some sheeps and silvers.wind was an issue for boat control we had a tough time keeping a vertical presentation as we stuck to jigging.

Had some friends fishing the stillwater area and they did a little better with some bigger fish being caught and released,they also said they saw a few other boats doing the same with some bigger fish C&R,was nice to hear alot of fish being put back due to larger sizes !!

Back at It In the AM

Good luck all !!

It was great getting out with Wade and Rui!! Always a blast to fish with good buddies. Fishing was decent, not tearing 'em up, but had some good consistancy. Next week it's Mille Lacs for me and then hittin' the river hard from there.

Good to hear you guys get into some fish. I'll fishing this week, I was mounting a northern and smallie today, at school. Fish were from last year.

Just got back myself as for a report, Ive done much better but Ive also done much worse... My dad didnt get skunked by managing a few rockbass... I did alright got a flathead, sheap, and two walters, one short fish and solid 24" (cpr). All fish came of jigs except the 24" eye which came trolling a lindy.

Where we were fishing we saw a few walleyes being taken mostly by jigs which seemed to be the method of choice by most today but we did watch some guys do quite well by trolling cranks. Saw one really nice walleye caught by a guy jigging

We did well pulling Rapala SR 5's and 7's around Bayport. Got around 20 walleye, no sauger at all. We got lots of small ones, a few nice ones. I'll be back out on Monday to give live bait a try.

Had a very good day out there today.We ended up boating 10 legals,a bunch of shorts,nice smallies and a 40lb flathead.Most the legals came on plastics the others were caught rigging.My buddy Sandpike boated a 29inch eye today wish I could have been there to net that momma,cant wait to see the pics.Good start to the season....

Here's a shot of my first and last fish of the day yesterday. I swear I heard the little guy yelling something about his lips burning when I threw him back.

22opener.jpglilfish.jpg

That's funny Sean, can't believe that little guy went after that Rap.

Fishwater thats a great way to start the season!! I had a 18 3/4" right away on Sat. jigging and thought i was on 'em but couldn't catch another to save my life. Caught a 17" again this morning. I then switched to trolling on the WI side, I ran anywhere from 15-25 ft. but caught all little eyes and saugers a tad bigger than the size you had there! What areas do you target when trolling? I'm kind of new to trolling so looking for pointers. If you don't want to get too specific i understand but thanks for any input or pointers.