• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does Anybody Remember?

Hi, everyone. My Grandfather had a cabin on Rainy between Ranier and the Thunderbird during 1967 to 1974. It is where I was introduced to my life long love of the outdoors. The guy who lived next to us was named Ernie and was a Postman, I believe. He showed us some great spots and knew the lake well. I was wondering what happend to him and wanted to thank his kids for all the help he gave my grandfather. Thanks, those were great times.

HI MN.,

WOODY WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST A LITTLE TIKE THEN, BUT LIVED IN RANIER, SO HE MAY REMEMBER HIM.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Sorry Greenhead- I don't remember Earnie the Postman because we got our mail at the Ranier Post Office. I do remember Earnie Johnson stopping by our place all the time for coffee but I don't think he was a postman. Woody

I may be wrong on the postman part as I was young back then (4-10), I'll have to ask my dad. I do remember him being fairly old and having a dog named Pepper. I believe he lived in town and had the cabin east of Ranier. He helped my grandfather out and showed us some great spots. I just wonder if anyone remembers him and what happend to him.

HI MN.,

I TALKED TO A BUDDY OF MINE & HE SAID THERE IS STILL A ERNIE JOHNSON WHO COMES INTO THE LOONS NEST & IT MIGHT BE HIM, WHEN HE FINDS OUT MORE, I WILL TELL YOU.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

I talked with my dad and the guys name was Ernie Thiele he was about 65 back in 1970. He really helped my grandfather out on his cabin and was a heck of a fishermen. I remember limits of walleyes and long runs to Seine and Swell bays. It was a great time to fish back then before the dead sea 80's.Does any one have any good old time stories?