• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just curious to know what color(s) you guys prefer on lazy ike's for inland lakers?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've downriggered chrome stick baits.

They still make Lazy Ikes? Haven't heard of them in years...the old man used to troll them around Hennepin Island on Mille Lacs in the 50/60s at night.

Same colors I prefer for stickbaits. Clear/white for one, dark red/purple for another, clown for a third (not sure if Lazy Ikes come in clown).

This has nothing to do with lakers, but I bought a white/red lazy ike last year in a clearance bin. Haven't used these since I was a kid. I had a few before my box was stolen way back. I remember having a an orange with black dots and one other color scheme I can't remember. These worked pretty good growing up on the Mississippi catching smallies, northerns. I'm surprised these have fallen off the radar for fishing. You don't hear anyone using these anymore.

They're deadly when predators want a slower presentation, because of the wide wobble at slow speeds. That's why they were always so popular for walleyes, but if the lakers tell you to troll slow, it's a great option for them, too.

Greetinz' frum da-hood!

I had to check the Ikes I have in my box,

1) 2" orange w/ black dots &

1) 2" green/white w/yellow dots w/ black "s" on the dots

My guess is that they are over 20 years old but I'm not

sure how many fish I've taken using them.

(they're not too chewed up so I'm guessin' not too many)

But I sure like using them!!!

snipe

p.s. Ike'em if ya got'em!

My dad catches lot's of smallies with them. Make sure you don't confuse "flat fish" for lazy ike's, look exactly the same but the flat fish presentation isn't so hot.

The gander mtn I was at had metallic blue/silver, yellow with red dots, white with red head, and clown. I think there was a blackish or purplish one as well.

On the package it says they'll dive 13 to 17 ft when trolled, how would I go about getting them down an additional 5 to 10 ft?

JB, I'd be surprised if they dive that deep on their own. The ones I use don't dive that far at all. But maybe they do.

When I want to get them down deeper and don't want to use downriggers or dipsies or other divers I just use an egg sinker or flat no-roll slip sinker. Weight depends on the heaviness of my line/rod and how deep I want to go.