• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

One week and counting!

It is almost here, Who's getting excited? Where is everyone going to be on the first weekend? I think it will be an awesome opener this year. I know that the crappie anglers are catching quite a few walleyes lately. I'll be at the bait shop all weekend serving up lively bait and some fresh baked cookies. I am really looking forward to seeing friends, old and new. It sure is a great tradition. Minnesota's walleye opener is tough to beat.

Jason Erlandson

Ill be in Vegas on Sat but on Gull on Sun. This will be the fist opener ive missed in 20 years.

Duck

Don't be afraid to fish shallow on Whitefish. There are some awesome fish caught each opener there. Try pitching jigs and minnows, rapalas, or jigs and Gulp Alive up shallow against shallow weeds. Fish neckdown areas or the area around the Pine River inlet.

Good Luck.

Jason Erlandson

We will be trying Gull for the first time. Is Gull really crowded on opener? I would assume it is.

I agree Jason, it should be a good opener this year. I will be in on Friday to pick up some shiners and fatheads. Will be on Gull both days and really looking forward to getting out. It was a long winter!!!

Joel

JBZ gull is usally crowded but still not a bad lake for opener im fishin NL and pelican.

Ah you guys are killing me... The old man and I are going to be doing some roofing on his home.

Good luck out there guys.

We will be trying Gull for the first time. Is Gull really crowded on opener? I would assume it is.

Gull isn't very crowded.

I'll be out on Pelican at 12:01. My brother and I have made this a tradition for the last 12 years, but he thought opener was a week later this year and scheduled his family vaction over opener, so I will be taking a friend from work out. All depends on the weather on how hard I will fish, as there have been openers where we could have stayed out all night and others where we were ready to go in after a 1/2 hour.

I'll be on gull. I'm toying with the idea of going out at 12:01, but I'll probably come to my senses by Friday night.

All I am going to do is follow people really close and try to zero in on their spots and hopefully copy what they are doing!:)

Looks like we will have a little wind to contend with, could be worse, could have snow like last year.

I will be on Gull for opener for the first time. Do the landings fill up pretty early?

Thanks,

I'll be on a little off the chain lake, in an old pontoon, with three super eager 6-11 year olds smile I am sure we will catch tons of small pike, some crappies, non-targeted bass, and maybe even a walleye or two. And it will be a great opener, once again smile

Good luck to all!

Looking forward to it. I am leaving in 2 hours to start the weekend. Good luck to those who need it as I surely do.