• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i would put that away and hold it on for keepsake.i dont know any person who would use a souvenier like that for fishing. me personally ive tried it before and now im wishing i didn't. some work others get snapped off the first cast u make. ive also noticed that they are not as good of quality so to speak because they have been specially painted and are being handled alot more than regular rapalas. well at least thats what i think but i dont know for sure.

was at the store with the red logo on it yesterday and they have a 50% off reg price raps the limit is one oh by the way its in the river hills mall

Anyone now of any sales on them right now, I;m thinking of picking up some minnow raps, originals, and some shad raps

thanks Grant

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Originally Posted By: Borch
Originally Posted By: PDOGG
Take the original floating rap make it rattle and suspend and you have a "Husky Jerk" Not quite sure where they came up with such an off the wall name...

It was marketed as a jerk bait for bass fisherman when it first came out. It also replaced the old Rapala "Husky 13" bait that was developed to be heavier for easier casting.

So....Husky Jerk.

Guys gave us all sorts of [PoorWordUsage] when we first starting trolling them as they were thought to be non-effective for that application.

Man, how times have changed. wink

Hey Borch, weren't guys drilling out Husky 13's and 18's and gluing sinkers in there to get them to suspend. I have an old InFisherman magazine somewhere where Doug Stange shows exactly how to do that.

Those were the days....

Regular floater too. I ruined a few myself doing that backin the day. Not much for suspending options back then. I remember when you "rented" rapalas from baitshops.

Man I'm getting old. wink

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I thought those were plastic baits. Some guys would drill a hole in plastic baits add inject water and then reseal to get that neutral bouancy. I never tried that.

Now the lead stick on dots are the way to play bwith bouancy.

• 3 weeks later...

The BP gas station (169 just south of Mille Lacs)in Onamia has a table with a bunch of raps for $3.99ea.

probably because so many fisherman go there to get some lures and fishing equipment.