• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone now of any sales on them right now, I;m thinking of picking up some minnow raps, originals, and some shad raps

thanks Grant

FF and GM have a sale...but they are up to 7.99 a shot. I believe they are down to 7 bucks with the sale.

Do as I do....go to FF for salt for the softener, pick up 2 or 3...and remember you need salt next month too! laugh

Gander mtn had some rapalas for 25% off, mostly larger husky jerk-baits.

its very seldum u will find rapalas on sale for cheap. they are never in the clearance bins at all and if they are they are eathier in the wrong spot or they are lures that dont work well around here for some odd reason. not saying that dont work but thats just my opinion. the cheapest i ever found rapalas one time was at GM and they were the rattlin raps for $3.00 a piece. not sure if the sale is going on anymore tho. ill have to stop in after i get off work and check.

they are lures that dont work well around here for some odd reason. not saying that dont work but thats just my opinion.

Lol! Your kidding me right? crazy

onlydrakes, although not as convient as running to the store, check out some online auction sites, many great deals to be had on Rapalas online.

PDOGG, I agree with you!! You gotta be kidding! Raps are always reliable on pretty much any lake!!! Just gotta figure out the right color and right presentation to use!!

It is kind of like the price of gas. The price you see right now you will never see again. Next year the cost well be 25% more.

Anyone now of any sales on them right now, I;m thinking of picking up some minnow raps, originals, and some shad raps

thanks Grant

Good deals on HJ's yesterday in the Gander in Mankato - ~$6.00.

Rapalas are a great tool and the price is not out of line for me, yet.

HJ = Husky Jerk

Sorry - I missed the "I'm cool" Fishing lingo class. - LOL

Are you talking about my physique and attitude - or Rapalas...

Take the original floating rap make it rattle and suspend and you have a "Husky Jerk" Not quite sure where they came up with such an off the wall name but the do work especially in fall slow trolling applications and some pitching scenario's. I have also seen them work trolled behind a bottom bouncer in a river channel, that's if the guy you are fishing with doesn't snag them all and loose them......... No names mentioned......

OK - I actually know what they are and own several. I just didn't know what HJ meant at first. I used to toss them in late fall when I lived a little further north...

Hey - I want to be cool just like you guys.

Sorry, did not mean to over inform you! lol! Now are you putting your JR's to good use ?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Take the original floating rap make it rattle and suspend and you have a "Husky Jerk" Not quite sure where they came up with such an off the wall name...

It was marketed as a jerk bait for bass fisherman when it first came out. It also replaced the old Rapala "Husky 13" bait that was developed to be heavier for easier casting.

So....Husky Jerk.

Guys gave us all sorts of [PoorWordUsage] when we first starting trolling them as they were thought to be non-effective for that application.

Man, how times have changed. wink

Wow Borch I am impressed thanks for clearing up one of those puzzling questions!

those rapalas that are on sale most of the time are like 6-7 dollar lures. i hate losing them on fish or getting them snagged on something so i quit buying alot at one time. i might get like 3 or so every 2 weeks in the summer. they are great lures and work wonders around here. i grew up on using rapalas my whole life from the get go. they work well especially on largemouth bass!!! but the lures i was talking about earlier are a little big around here. but my gma always told me the bigger the hook the bigger the fish cool

earlier in the year the big c, ff, and gander had them ALL 25% off. . . i picked up a bunch. "Rapala Days" i do believe it was called.

Just pulled todays FF add out of the mail box.

Clackin-Rap $7.99 , Shad-Rap $6.11 - $6.56 , X-Rap $5.99 Jointed-Rap $5.39 - $7.01 , Original Floater $5.03 - $8.09.

There was no mention of 'MinnesotaMongo' Raps in the add.

yuk-yuk

Originally Posted By: PDOGG
Take the original floating rap make it rattle and suspend and you have a "Husky Jerk" Not quite sure where they came up with such an off the wall name...

It was marketed as a jerk bait for bass fisherman when it first came out. It also replaced the old Rapala "Husky 13" bait that was developed to be heavier for easier casting.

So....Husky Jerk.

Guys gave us all sorts of [PoorWordUsage] when we first starting trolling them as they were thought to be non-effective for that application.

Man, how times have changed. wink

Hey Borch, weren't guys drilling out Husky 13's and 18's and gluing sinkers in there to get them to suspend. I have an old InFisherman magazine somewhere where Doug Stange shows exactly how to do that.

Those were the days....

so i was in woodbury at GM and saw a bin of CLEARANCE RAPALAS PRICE AS MARKED.... so i had to take a look, $7.99 for a minnow rap. apparently charging full price is worthy of markin it as clearance :S

no wonder the bin was still full laugh

Thanks Guys. went to FF this morning now my wallets $75 lighter, but at least I have plenty of new raps

FF had most of the raps 10% off plus the minnow raps were 5.99

I picked up a pretty unique rattling rap at the Twins game last night. It is baseball glove orange/tan and has a white baseball in the middle.

Might be crazy enough to work. Plus it was free.