• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Madison Mid-Weeker: An FM/HSO Get-Together!

Since the consensus was split down the middle between Wednesday and Thursday I used the forcast as my decisoion maker and am going with Wednesday that I will be out there. Sorry if that doesn't work for some. I will be there probably a little after 4 p.m. We can throw some hot dog's on a grille before hand or go to the resteraunt afterward's up to you guy's. I'm thinking of going out of Bray rather then the DNR acsess. Usually not as busy there and is a better meeting place. Let me know what everyone thinks.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PDOGG

• CrappiesNCats

• Matt C

• Team Otter

Sounds like a plan, I'll try to get off a little early that day and hope to be there!

Lets see which way the wind will be blowing on Wednasday. On Monday or Tuesday we should know. Then pick the landing. Just my 2cents.

so has there been a set rescheduled day for the gtg yet?

Wednesday, May 27 by ~5:00 pm; meet at Bray Park landing.

Look's like the wind is supposed to be outta the North at 10mph tomorrow. The Bray Park landing should be fine. I will be there before 5. Does anyone wanna grille out before hand or is everyone good till afterwards?

And could we maybe get a run down of whos coming and what not just so I don't leave withpout anyone.

I still have an open seat as well.

I'll hopefully be there....although I need to get off early to do so.

PDogg

Got a call from the team captain and trap is off for tomorrow night. Still got room ? If not I can launch mine too, I have to head home around 8pm tho..

Come on Mongo??

Well it looks like I may have dropped the ball a bit on the weather as yesterday was a bit nicer but this will work.

Was out for an hour last night and was able to bring some nice crappies and sunnies to the boat so I think tonight will be good.

See everyone there around 5ish and for those who don't know my boat, sparkly green and gray Warrior can't miss it.

I have to work until 8pm tonight guys. This stinks, really wanted to go to this one.

It's gonna be a chilly one. Hope it doesn't turn the fish off.

still meeting at Bray Park correct?

May I suggest a clown or parrot jigging rap also.......

You've been paying attention! Don't worry I have this covered. Although tubes have been making quite a showing as well!

threw in the jiggin raps last night. should have bought a bigger bag....i'm already out of room.

perhaps i should get some sleep since getting home an hour ago. have to be up in 5 hours to make it on time

i'm sure its probably too late, but PDOGG if you are still out there, my marcum is still not ready to go. if you still have a spare available that'd be great.

time to start getting ready.

First off thanks for all who came good to fish with the regular's and nice to meet a couple new faces. We found fishing to be a little more difficult then it has been in recent past. But with a little persistence we did end up finding a nice school of crappies in 23fow with a few rogue larger fish out in ~30fow. These deeper fish where very spread out and high in the water column but they where the nicer fish and where definitly ready to eat. This one fell victim too a #5 yellow jiggin rap with a tipped with a crappie niblet for a bit of flavor.

DSC02938.jpg

We also found a few fish in the shallows along shorelines and docks but if you wheren't careful you would have to move swiftly to avoid being photographed after catching an undesirable !

DSC02939.jpg

All in all a great time with friends and hope to do it again soon.

DSC02940-1.jpg

Another Great night on the water. Thanks Pdogg for putting it on and thanks Nick for keeping me company.

Fish were scattered and the wind was a small factor but we managed a few and had a good time planning the upcoming Bass Tournament.

I took a long time getting the boat on the trailer as there was a fisherman clogging up the dock fishing for Northerns and trying to catch the fish that stole his hook. Seemed like a nice enough guy though ?