• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Madison Mid-Weeker: An FM/HSO Get-Together!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PDOGG

• CrappiesNCats

• Matt C

• Team Otter

You definitely won't find me at any boat landings this afternoon or evening. Wow!

You definitely won't find me at any boat landings this afternoon or evening. Wow!

Matt and Lonnie have been out there all day! Can you believe that noise?

I ran out south of town to get some stuff for my Suzuki, thinking "Dang, this is going to be rough getting out at tonight's gathering" - when the semi ahead of me took on a very nice list to the right. I thought the wind gust was going to tip it over. Then, when I was picking up my stuff - I noticed a pontoon sitting outside of the business shaking pretty violently.

At that point I said "Have fun guys - I'm staying home and making Peter mow the lawn..."

I would like to attend this event though, so I'll keep my dance card open for next week... Just let me know...

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
Two words: Matt, Lonnie...

Or Windsor & Michelob!

That looks like 4 good words to me! Mike, u should have called in sick!

Landing side was well protected and fishing was not all that bad. We did muster a few fish, even though boat control was a big issue trying to stay on top of the pockets of fish. Matt did his best so I could put the Vex on them! Unfortunatly, we couldn't get to where I had located schools of bigger fish over the last week.

Thanks for the boat ride Matt, Sorry, I will never bring a bxxx in your boat again, now that I know your rule. Definiatly gotta do it again.

Next week doessn't work for me Mike, will catch up with everyone at a later date.

All in all, it wasn't terrible. Fish did bite. Boat control was the biggest issue. Staying vertical was pretty much non-existent.

The whole slue was caught, sheephead, ba**, crappies, sunnies, walleye, and perch.

Key areas were 14-23 FOW. Plastics by far out preformed the live bait, and stay vertical when you find the schools! And boat control!

There were at one point 7 boats out, by the time we left, only 2 others out there.

Buoy's in the narrows were being sunk by waves. I have dinner for my family tonight!

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

Lonnie's trophy walleye!

and were those the size of the walleyes u caught? if so all i got to say is WOW! u brag about that? or was it suppose to be meant as a joke?

on my way home from work i honest to god had to stop my car for a trampoline to blow across the road in front of me. kinda scary since i had just picked up my daughter from daycare

and were those the size of the walleyes u caught? if so all i got to say is WOW! u brag about that? or was it suppose to be meant as a joke?

You didnt really ask that did you?

Anyone going fishing today? anyone have any open seat?

I'll be out later today but haven't decided on location or species.

What does everyone think of meeting on the lake on Wednesday?

evening or morning?

I can't make it to the lake till ~5pm but anyone else can feel free to go out in the morning and corner some fish for me! I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday now. I'm leaving for a vacation on Gull that Friday and Thursday is just to late in the week. Judging by the forcast as of now Wednesday would be better but who knows that far out.

I'd go Wed 5ish. i'd just tell my wife that the get-together is rescheduled for then. Seat still open, Mike?

Still haven't decided between Wednesday or Tuesday (I like it better when someone decides for me ;)) but I will post my decision tomorrow. Just looking for a little input..... And yes there is an open seat or 2.

Still haven't decided between Wednesday or Tuesday (I like it better when someone decides for me ;))

Mrs PDOGG must really love you. smile lol

Still haven't decided between Wednesday or Tuesday (I like it better when someone decides for me ;)) but I will post my decision tomorrow. Just looking for a little input..... And yes there is an open seat or 2.

tuesday night is my overnight at work. so i vote wednesday.

i also trust accuweather more than weather.com and accuweather is saying showers tuesday evening. both sites say wednesday should be beautiful

Originally Posted By: PDOGG
Still haven't decided between Wednesday or Tuesday (I like it better when someone decides for me ;))

Mrs PDOGG must really love you. smile lol

She helped me decide it won't be both days! Did she help or just inform of this?......

now since the date was changed i can make it to this but latter in the day would work good for me i have to work tell 4 eather day would be fine

wednesday might work for me if i can hop in with somebody else. unfortunatly i ran my boat up onto some rocks this weekend and messed up my lower unit. might be a while before i can get back out in my boat, which sucks because work is slow right now and the fishing is not