• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am just wondering what the water temp on Detroit Lake, or lakes around there is. if you have been out, let me know.

thanks

I'll be out this weekend just a bit north of there and I'll post some water temps Saturday night, but in the mean time, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Not sure, Dunton Locks was 48 a couple days ago when I was peeking at the big pig walleyes down there.

45 was the warmest I could find on Tulaby, and 49 on a lake 1/4 of the size of Tulaby.

What is the best water temp to get the wallies to bite? I have never really fished the opener due to living in SD for 12 years, whereit never closed. Last year I was working in Cedar Rapids for the whole month of may so missed it last year. It was already real warm when I got out. Does the walleyes start to come back into the lakes from the rivers by opener? Is the river areas a good start? Im guessing shallower water right? Thanks and good luck and be safe.

I think it picks up the best when it reaches the upper 50's myself. That's just on a few lakes that I fish. Towards the end of May and beginning of June is when the walleye fishing is at it's best for me.

For most of the lakes I frequent the walleye bite is dynomite the month of June. But they are usually bigger deeper lakes.

I agree, I really thought I was going to hit Tulaby for the opener but I think I'll stick with a smaller lake until the weekend after opener. I just have a feeling about a lake, so I'm going with that!!!!

You will see some eyes being caught this weekend for sure, but smaller lakes will warm up faster and see more fish caught.

All lakes should get about 50 -- my guess -- so that will help the bigger lakes like Big C and Pelican

also - -stay shallow - -14 or less in fact less than 10 is best.