• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ambassadeur 6500 vs 6600

thedeadsea

After viewing the BIG CATALOG with a bass on the front. I would say the only difference I see is the bait clicker or "line alarm". The 6600 is w great reel. I own two and have nothing bad to say about em.

If your talking C4's

The 6600 has the thumb bar spool release and higher 6:3:1 gear ratio then the 6500 "Gear ratio is 5:3:1". Some don't like the thumb bar release because it can be engaged accidently versus the push button style of the 6500. Both have bait alarms.

There are a few internal differences depending on when the reels were manufactured also.

Oh and the location of bait alarm "clicker". On the 6600 they're on the side of the end plate and use a better amount of force to engage them. On the ultra cast models (6000/6500, black cat, blue cat, 6600C4, etc.), it is located on the top/back of the end plate.

Thanks guys. I am considering getting another trolling/casting reel that I can swap between rods for planer boards or downrigger on the big lake and muskie/pike casting inland. I really, really need another reel smile but have been watching the auction site for a deal on one of these. Either way you can't go wrong with any reel that has Ambassadeur on it.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the deal with the 6600 BCX? Doesn't seem to have the same quality feel of the other Ambassadeurs.

Steve

The BCX Models are made in China, not Sweden like most of the other abu bait casters.

It is my understanding that the BCX was targeted as a low end reel, hence not the same quality as the others.