• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

me too, thinking of doing some crappie fishing with my buddy on saturday and maybe tommaro, but on friday the 1st suckers here i am. might also try finding some shallow water perch, I hope that something bites lol, but a bad day of fishing is better then sitting on the couch watching fishing on tv

Well, how did you boys fare?

We chacked 3 lakes, water temps 48 on lake 1, notta, 49 w/ current on another, notta, 50.4 on the final lake, bingo! We caught a fair amount of 'gills, crappies, and perch all mixed. Nothing huge on the crappies, only 2 keepers, but we did spank 2 hybrid 'gills over 9.5"!

Checked a few lakes myself. Found active fish where water was over 50. Warmest I found was 50.6, with main lakes still 46-47. We had enough for a fry between crappies and gills. I may have to skip out on walleye fishing this weekend and do more panfish chasing! I love this time of year!

We went out today, and really got into a few of them. Lots of gills over the 8 inch mark and plenty of crappies to keep you busy. The fish seem to still be a little deeper, they are not in the shallows quite yet. Probably caught 100 fish today between the three of us in just a few hours. The water temp was hanging right around 51 degrees. Good luck!

Hey guys -

I'm gonna be up on Pimushe this weekend for opener. Any suggestions or thoughts on panfish?

Matt sounds like we did the same, lot fish on the locater just not alot on the lines, the warmest water i found was 48, we fished thursday only and it was rainy and windy, givin the walleyes a break and fishing pannies for opening weekend

We caught a ton, but the crappies were mostly small. The 'gills were beautiful, and so were the perch. I too am looking forward to some pannies this weekend, but I'm saving them for after I've got a few walleyes on the table.... wink

I think if the weather holds up were in for a great weekend, however i also think its going to stink now as i have to cancell fishing for this weekend frown first time in my life or since i have been old enough to fish with dad i am going to miss the opener:( Well atleast i have 43 weeks to chase walleyes and i guess looking at it that way missing one weekend is not that big of a deal. Good Luck to all of you that are chasing fish this coming weekend, wish i could be out there with ya

matt give me a email, i lost your new address. thanks

travis koster

seeing that the walleye opener has begun, how many of you have been chasis panfish now. what a great time of year for pannies