• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone going to Kabekona for the opener?

Just put the dock in last Sunday and opened the cabin up for the summer. Never have fished Kabekona on the opener but were going to give it a shot this year. Does anyone have any advice for this body of water for the opener?

I think we will start with a jig and minnow or maybe slip-bobber.

It's VERY clear.

Don't have any help.

Make sure you know there is a special reg. for walleyes. All walleyes between 18-26 inches are to be immediately returned to the lake. One over 26" may be kept and the limit is four.

Thanks Chris, I saw the regs. at the public access last weekend. You are correct when you say the water is very clear. At the end of the dock the water is four feet deep but looks like one foot deep. I think we will try to stay with natural colors to start with but do you have any other ideas we could try? The lake is also very deep so i'm sure the water temp will still be cold so we plan on starting shallow on the North side of the lake.

fish the windy side, fish when it's cloudy/raining, and fish at night in shallows with a bobber and leech.

good luck,

mr