• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

Its 25 million. 12 million this year and 13 million next year if he doesnt decide to retire again and again and again.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

its worth it....its all worth it if this forces junkson to demand a trade lol...brett deserves 50 mill if that happens!!

Now the picture is as complete as it can be for you Vikes fans (barring a last minute head coaching change). If you don't win the Super Bowl this season, you've only got one person to blame! gringringrin

Are the vikings going to change the uniforms again. This time are they going with gold or yellow numbers. winkgrin.

How anyone can criticize a coach who has went 6-10, 8-8 and 10-6 is beyond me. That's consistent improvement. He's loaded that team with talent from the defensive and offensive lines on up. He now has a decent option at QB. They might not win the Superbowl but he's done an outstanding job of filling positions with talent. Wilf alos deserves credit. Unlike the Twins' ownership, Wilf has put his money out there to bring in talent.

You nailed it on the nuts about putting the money out there for some talent, put the Wild and Wolves in that catagory also.. I am glad to see Favre still playing, never thought it would be for the Viks.

Favre almost cried again during the press conference. He's a pretty emotional guy who talks about girly things during a press conference. Still would rather have a old crying quarterback with a torn rotator cuff than t-junk.

How anyone can criticize a coach who has went 6-10, 8-8 and 10-6 is beyond me. That's consistent improvement. He's loaded that team with talent from the defensive and offensive lines on up. He now has a decent option at QB. They might not win the Superbowl but he's done an outstanding job of filling positions with talent. Wilf alos deserves credit. Unlike the Twins' ownership, Wilf has put his money out there to bring in talent.

i agree...i haven't been a chilly fan in the past but somehow he has grown on me....cool thing is brett will audible if the play is lame and make chilly look like an awesome coach lol.

this team is just stacked with superstars....whoever has got these players in here the past few years deserves tons of credit....i've been a wilf fan since day 1 forsure....he's the best MN sport owner ever IMO....since day 1 he said he's gonna do whatever it takes to build a superbowl contender...he's been goin for it ever since.

i hope we can get a stadium like the colts stadium!!! get out there and buy tickets and merchandise its on like donkey kong!

Yep no more excuses now this teams stacked with talent. Farve should be protected well with the twin cities (Mckinnie and Loadholt) on each side. Vikes will be a tough team.

I agree about Wilf. He came here and said he will get it done, and has been trying hard ever since. Good to see a guy like that. Chilly on the other hand.....I do like his beard!

2,500 season tickets sold from 10am-9pm yesterday!!! Hmm, I wonder why!!! Favre is gonna stimulate the economy by himself in MN!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Farve should be protected well with the twin cities (Mckinnie and Loadholt) on each side.

I hope they protect the "Old Man" hate to see him start to throw up lead ballons trying to run away like he has in the past! cry

SORRY DHANSON! I was actually mistaken ... my fault. Favre contract is actually structured differently than most. If he is on the roster Sept. 13, he gets a check for 12 million (per the Pioneer Press today). So, the injury-risk that you mentioned is a concern.

That said, I'm willing to roll the dice with a guy who started 291 consecutive games. It's not my money! smile

First off, getting Favre really screws with Cheese fans so that's a good thing. 2nd- Wilf being the best owner in MN sports History?? No-no-- Twins and North Stars have had some better,, and got better results. We will see about Favre.

Bottom Line--- where are all the Packer Fans?? Who cares if Favre has a good season or loses to the Pack,, point is, he's playing for the hated Purple,, and thats; all that matters.

most of Cheeseland has turned into left out cheese in this case.

Go Vikes and may the Pack go way Back.

I now fully understand why the packerheads held Favre in such a God-like stature. I'm guessing the tornado's downtown today were nothing more than vapor trails from #4's passes at Winter park today? grinshocked

2nd- Wilf being the best owner in MN sports History?? No-no-- Twins and North Stars have had some better,, and got better results. .

lol

Well im sorry but there is a reason Chilly is considered on the hot seat. Lets not forget he took over a team that was 9-7 and took them down to 6-10. He drafts Adrian Peterson, no surprise they get to 8-8. They get Jared Allen and Bernard Berrian and go to 10-6, no surprise. Now the biggest hole on the team is supposedly filled. No excuses anymore for Chilly. Yeah the team is loaded with talent and i suppose some of that credit goes to Chilly along with the Wilfs. But now its time for Chilly to take that talent somewhere. This team has more than enough talent to win playoff games.

what would you guys consider a successful season for chilly and the team this year? do you think they have to make a superbowl appearance or would getting to the championship game be a success?

it would be tough to fire a guy if he doesn't win the superbowl...only 1 coach a season does that....we definetly have to win some playoff games.

as long as we stay semi healthy i think we should get pretty deep this year.

I'd say, barring significant injuries, a championship game appearance would be a sucess and Chilly is safe (unless there is a somthing similar to the take-a-knee debacle). A no-show or a one and out and I'd guees he'd get sent packing. I am not sure I agree with that though. JMHO

Ok not sure if this was posted before, but the Dave Ryan show did a parody called "Waking up a Viking". Way too funny. It's on u-tube also.