• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

It looks like the guys on PTI think he will be heading to MN, but they don't anything will really start to happen until we get into July.

Awesome!!!! A Purple #4 Jersey Bring It On!!!!!!

An interesting fact, might totally be coincidence, but yesterday there were 5 flights that landed at Hattiesburg MS...one was from Minneapolis. Heard that on the radio.....

I'm willing to give Sage a shot at it, if we didn't sign Sage and we had Tjack and Gus going head to head, I'd be all for signing favre but I want to see what Sage can do on a decent team.

thats exactly whats making me 50/50 on it...it would be fun to have favre on the team but on the other hand i want to see sage come in here and do real well...i think its sage's time to shine...but if we sign favre i won't be mad...you could flip a coin on the subject...i'm not gonna be for or against it...whatever happens, happens lol.

james i really doubt its just coincedence...they said the town has like 4 arriving flights and 5 departing flights a day..whats the odds someone from minneapolis just happened to be going to and from that town in the same day? arrived at like 9:30 in the morning and left at like 2:30 in the afternoon is the story.

I think he has a bone to pick with the Packers, after pretty much demoting him for Rogers, he was pretty ticked off. Maybe he thinks that if he joins their arch-rival he'll get the "last punch".

The Packers didn't demote him, the job was his to have, until he retired again. Then only after the Packers gave the job to Rodgers, did he unretire again, and the Packers said it was to late, they aren't playing his games any more.

Favre just wants to see his name in the media again, thats all!

well that's as close to a demotion with out being demoted as I know, according to the pioneer press, favre has hired a personal trainer and they are speculating a comeback with the Vikes, arghhhhhhhhhhh

10 years ago, I would have been excited about this, today I am disgusted with it

The more I keep hearing about Favre, the more I think his chances of coming here for one year is pretty good. I also heard that the "jet" was in fact Ziggys jet and that he was there for 8 hours. I have really mixed emotions about this. I kinda want to see what Sage can do, and Favre would be going into his 19th season. BUT boy can he fling the ball. And with AP behind him, it could be a very memorable season. Just not sold on the idea yet.

10 years ago, I would have been excited about this, today I am disgusted with it

I am with 4wandering. There are just too many worries with Farve these days. I think it is fair to question his commitment and focus. I think it is also fair to question whether he can still play at the level you would expect. The last few playoff losses he has played in have been squarely on his play and interceptions. It is obvious he will bring a lot of attention with him and I am not sure it all would be good for the team. All this coupled with my distaste for the guy (but great respect for his ability years ago) leaves me thinking that the risk/reward ratio is too lopsided towards risk.

I think someone mentioned jersey sales. I for one would not buy one and my wife who owns 8 different Vikes jerseys has already stated that if I bought her one it would only be used as tinder for our firepit.

All this said, if he was in purple I would root for him every week and pray that I look back on this post and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

What are you worried about? Is it the fact that he is 10 times better than any option we have right now?

10 x better? Thats Your opinion.Last year 22 td's, 22 int's.Not that good.i'll take my chances with Throws&falls!

Favre is just an attention seeking drama queen. Perhaps he will go to that highschool again and work out for the media, this time Madden could be there and do the play by play. I don't think he'd be good in the locker room either, he came out when Rodgers was drafted and essentially said he is not responsible for training him, his whole retire/un-retire attitudes the last 5 years, and Jets players threw him under the bus before they even got their helmets off after the last game of the season.

10 x better? Thats Your opinion.Last year 22 td's, 22 int's.Not that good.i'll take my chances with Throws&falls!

Playing in one of the best divisions in football with a team that had a not so stellar defense. Now put him in place with the best back in the league, a defense that is better than average and you will see those stats improve A LOT!! grin

If it was in fact Zyggi's plane that landed in his hometown, you can bet a playbook and a handshake deal are on Favres table right now. With telephone, fax, texting, e-mailing etc... all available, why else would it be necessary for the face to face?

I'm with Guru. I don't care enough one way or the other.

He had a heck of a year going last year until the bicep tendon issue. If he can rehab that thing... watch out if he's wearing purple. However, I think we shouldn't waste our time if he's still suffering from that injury because he played pretty poorly while dealing with it at the end of last year.

The only thing I see us losing if we sign him is the $7 - $10 million we'll pay him. Sage has been around long enough that missing snaps with the first team won't be such a big deal, and even if Tjack took every preseason snap with the first team that it would be enough for him to come around.

I don't like the guy either, but the potential for our team is amazing if that tendon is healed.

all we really need is a qb that can read defenses and can do an audible...if this was favre from 10 years ago on this team right now we'd win a handful of superbowls in the next 10 years

Saw on NFL Mobil that chilipepper said he would talk about Favre. Take it for what it's worth. sick

Childress: Favre likely to be discussed

May 1st, 2009 – 4:01 PM by Judd Zulgad

Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings have yet to discuss the fact that Brett Favre is now on the open market and free to talk to other teams — the quarterback was released from the New York Jets reserve/retired list on Tuesday — but acknowledged the subject likely would be broached. There has been speculation that although Favre retired for a second consecutive offseason in February, he might return to play for the Vikings.

“We haven’t [talked about Favre],” Childress said. ”It doesn’t mean we won’t. We talk about everything from what’s going on in the United States on the front page today. … We talk about everything. So, yeah, I’m sure we’ll talk about that.”

The Vikings are currently planning to go to training camp with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels battling for the top spot but Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last season and the only reason that likely didn’t happen was because the Packers refused to grant him his release. Favre was eventually traded to the Jets. Childress has known Favre since he visited the Packers on a semi-regular basis while serving as an assistant coach at the University of Wisconsin.

Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a former Badgers quarterback who served as Favre’s position coach for a period in Green Bay, also remains good friends with Favre. Childress said he and his staff have been so busy to this point that Favre simply hasn’t come up.

“I think the thing there is we’ve had our heads down so hard here on the draft and then after the draft signing free agents and after that getting ready for this minicamp,” Childress said. ”I go through the waiver wire every night. [but] we haven’t really even had a chance to even talk about that. Our focus has been on the guys we sign and getting ready for this and then just finishing up the draft stuff.”

Childress did not say when was the last time he talked to Favre. “Like I said, I haven’t had time to do much,” he said, “aside from reeling in this draft and then we’ve had staff clinics this week from 8 to noon every day and then get back and putting this minicamp together. … And then see our guys that are in the building. I’m more focused on the guys that are here, participate in the offseason program. I’m more focused on our three quarterbacks right now. Tarvaris and Sage and J.D. [booty that are progressing through this program and our offseason program.”

What's the over/under on the number of blackout games if the Vikes don't sign Favre?

only way there will be blackout games is if the fans find out t-awesome is the starting QB!!

I'd put money on it that Favre will be starting in Mn this year. with him being the team leader I surely see us in the playoffs. Better put an order in now for a purple #4. They will be in high demand

What's the over/under on the number of blackout games if the Vikes don't sign Favre?

1/2 Game. 6-5 juice!

1/2 game? I'll take the over easily! The Seattle and/or Cincy games look ripe for the picking.