• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

Your guys in purple kill me. ESPECIALLY the fair weather ones.

I will enjoy watching him play and will enjoy it even more when the lavender ladies choke....then again, it woul dbe hard to beat a 16-0 season and choke unless it was topped 4 playoff wins and THEN with a Superbowl Loss.

4 playoff wins, eh?

Sounds to me like there is alot of fair weather Favre fans around. Love him when hes winning games for the packers. Hate him cause he still wants to play.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Sounds to me like there might be a lot of fence jumping Packer fans paying a little too much attention to the Vikings this year!!! smile

Its tuf not to here anything about the Queens when you live in MN!! Ship the Vikings somewhere where they actually might be able to sell out!!!

Originally Posted By: Wade Joseph

Your guys in purple kill me. ESPECIALLY the fair weather ones.

I will enjoy watching him play and will enjoy it even more when the lavender ladies choke....then again, it woul dbe hard to beat a 16-0 season and choke unless it was topped 4 playoff wins and THEN with a Superbowl Loss.

4 playoff wins, eh?

Sounds to me like there is alot of fair weather Favre fans around. Love him when hes winning games for the packers. Hate him cause he still wants to play.

Sled put your self in their shoes. This is a liken to your Wife leaving you after 25 years of marriage with your best friend from Grade School. It has to be a nightmare and rants like Wades are just therapy a safety blanket sort of thing!...LMAO!

Go Vikes/Favreeeee!

Its tuf not to here anything about the Queens when you live in MN!! Ship the Vikings somewhere where they actually might be able to sell out!!!

WHOAHHH!!! Easy there, that's the last thing the Vikes need to do. All I know is Favre will be in purple this year, and there will be a lot of tears shed in Wisconsin. Especially after we dominate the central division.

Sled put your self in their shoes. This is a liken to your Wife leaving you after 25 years of marriage with your best friend from Grade School. It has to be a nightmare and rants like Wades are just therapy a safety blanket sort of thing!...LMAO!

Go Vikes/Favreeeee!

Im more concerned with packer fans not knowing the NFL playoff format

I hope they win a ring someday, just to shut up the Packer fans. How many rings the Brewers got? Maybe we should pile that on, then just not shut up about it, maybe you will get sick of it like us. The Pack had a huge, and I mean HUGE run of bad years. In 24 years, from 1968 to 1991 they had only 5 winning seasons, and only made the playoffs twice. The Vikings have never had such a bad run.

I hope they win a ring someday, just to shut up the Packer fans. How many rings the Brewers got? Maybe we should pile that on, then just not shut up about it, maybe you will get sick of it like us. The Pack had a huge, and I mean HUGE run of bad years. In 24 years, from 1968 to 1991 they had only 5 winning seasons, and only made the playoffs twice. The Vikings have never had such a bad run.

Well, you could pile that on all you like and it wouldn't bother me. Just because I'm from Wisconsin and a Packers fan doesn't mean I'm a Brewers fan. Never liked the Brewers. I've been a Twins fan my whole life. Maybe it's an American/National league thing, or because I lived a LOT closer to Minnesota than I did to Milwaukee. gringringrin

I have no doubt that if the roles were reversed (and it was the Vikes who won all those championships and Vikes fans never stopped rubbing it in) I'd be unhappy have to constantly face that hard truth.

But, alas, the roles aren't reversed. Maybe Favre will be the final vital ingredient to help the Vikes achieve the pinnacle of football success. Until then, I guess you Queens will just have to keep looking optimistically toward the future between calls for the WAAAAAAAmbulance when Packers fans emphasize the successful history of their championship franchise. gringringrin

Realistically the packers only have 1 championship in most fans lifetimes that they can remember.

How can you brag to vikes fans about packers championships before the vikes were a team and when there were only 11 teams in the league?

Teams like the Pats Steelers niners and Cowboys are the real champions, cause they did it in the modern era.

I believe when you get in as a wildcard you must win 4 playoff games. Your certainly not winning the division.:

Brent Who??

Something else you lovely lavender lady fans forget. He had some good receivers to throw too in Packer land. All you have is a good running back and an untested troublemaker.

Actually we have Bernard Berrian, Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, and Bobby Wade. Not sure who the untested troublemaker is(unless of course you are referring to Percy, in which case you packer fans need to quit bringing up the past!).

I'm not going to sort through 55 pages of material, but should Favre really have a timetable? not necessarily for signing, but for playing. Do we really need him to be ready against the Browns/Lions? Or is it more a fact that his ego doesn't want some silly streak to end?

I believe when you get in as a wildcard you must win 4 playoff

If you go 16-0 like you stated, you sure wouldn't have to be the wild card team smile

I'm not going to sort through 55 pages of material, but should Favre really have a timetable? not necessarily for signing, but for playing. Do we really need him to be ready against the Browns/Lions? Or is it more a fact that his ego doesn't want some silly streak to end?

And yes I think it has more to do with stroking his large ego!

Would you have a large ego if you were the best QB to ever play the game???

WHOOOAAA! Hold on there bud.

In the top 10? Yeah.

Top 5? Maybe.

But THE #1 QB in NFL history?

No friggin way.

But I admire your unending devotion to the guy, no doubt.

Originally Posted By: CrappiesNCats

And yes I think it has more to do with stroking his large ego!

Yes, ego on his streak

Originally Posted By: BrianLucky13

WHOOOAAA! Hold on there bud.

In the top 10? Yeah.

Top 5? Maybe.

But THE #1 QB in NFL history?

No friggin way.

But I admire your unending devotion to the guy, no doubt.

I don't think he was the best of all time either. Top 5 for sure, but his ego should be gone now that he's old and he isn't even in the top 5 of todays QB's.

I think most NFL players have very large egos but most don't need that constant attention to reaffirm it. There is also a difference between having a ego about your ability and a ego that says, "because of my ability I am above others". Unfortunately, I feel Farve falls inot that last category of becoming all important over all others. That is when ego becomes a issue.

Tied with Buffalo for the worst record in Super Bowl history (0-4) is a bad run! LOL The Vikings also have the worst playoff loss in NFL history. Giants 41 Vikings 0 grin Keep hoping....

C'mon badger, Denny told us that the Giants were tapping into our headsets and stealing our plays! Blatant cheaters. Plus Red said that he saw Gary Anderson's kick go through the uprights so we got jipped on that one too. Not to mention the push off against the cowboys, total conspiracy grin

Realistically the packers only have 1 championship in most fans lifetimes that they can remember.

I was born in 1961. According to U.S. Census estimates for 2008, there are about 100 million Americans my age or older. There are thousands and thousands of Packers fans my age (and especially a bit older) who remember several of those championships. As a boy in LaCrosse starting to learn about football in the Lombardi era, the ones in '66 and '67 are still vivid in my memory.

And the Vikes came into the league in 1961 as an expansion team. Since that time (including 1961), the Packers have won six championships, including three Super Bowls.

History? Sure. When you are a fan of a team rich in history, history is one of the things you celebrate. When you are a fan of a team with a short history, and a history of losing Super Bowls, you find ways to denigrate the history of rival teams. That's just how fans are. If I was stuck being a Queens fan, I'd be the same way, because to be a fan is to throw out logic and reason and to be loyal to the last degree.

But just to be clear, there are a zillion football fans out there who still remember the 60s. And, of course, the Packers have won a Super Bowl in your so-called "modern" era.

Anyway, again, I've always liked Favre. His ego isn't any bigger than some of the ones I've seen on this board, and regardless what team he plays on I'm sure I still will enjoy watching him play. If he plays for the Vikes and the Vikes do better than the Pack because of Favre, well, it will suck to be me. But life will go on, ya know? After all, I DO have all those Packers championships within my lifetime to remember. gringringrin

Maybe after this season you Vikes fans will have a Super Bowl win to keep you warm, too. In one way I sure hope so. It'll go a long way to getting rid of that darn inferiority complex so many of you seem to carry around. winkwinkgringrin

Originally Posted By: SledNeck

I was born in 1961. There are probably 100 million Americans my age or older. There are thousands and thousands of Packers fans my age (and especially a bit older) who remember several of those championships.

But a good portion that age and older are a bit too senile to be trusted!!! wink

But a good portion that age and older are a bit too senile to be trusted!!! wink

And a good portion of those younger one are so lubed up with sports testosterone that they can't see reason. winkwink

Tied with Buffalo for the worst record in Super Bowl history (0-4) is a bad run! LOL The Vikings also have the worst playoff loss in NFL history. Giants 41 Vikings 0 grin Keep hoping....

Why do you feel the 41-0 loss was worse than the Jags 62-7 beatdown of the Dolphins?

Can we get some packer fans in here that have even basic sports knowledge?

Why do you feel the 41-0 loss was worse than the Jags 62-7 beatdown of the Dolphins?

Can we get some packer fans in here that have even basic sports knowledge?

THERE speaks a true Vikings fan. I gotta admire your loyalty and hormones, buddy. It's what makes a fan a fan. smilesmile

It helps to know things!

I'll be in full quizmaster mode when Im at the bleacher bowl in nov. slipping around on the tears of packer fans as Favre returns to show Young Aaron how its done.