• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

Yeah the Packlers may have Won one more Super than us in my Lifetime....but they were a 14 point favorite to win back to back Super Bowls in my LIFETIME with the NFL's best defense and Brett Favor under center.

They Choked knob that fateful Sunday and now are the LAST loser of Super Bowl Games between the 2 teams.

The word PRICELESS comes to mind!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Yeah the Packlers may have Won one more Super than us in my Lifetime....but they were a 14 point favorite to win back to back Super Bowls in my LIFETIME with the NFL's best defense and Brett Favor under center.

They Choked knob that fateful Sunday and now are the LAST loser of Super Bowl Games between the 2 teams.

The word PRICELESS comes to mind!

Thanks, buddy. You've restated the short-sighted Vikes fan view perfectly. I guess ya gotta fight with whatever meager weapons ya got. gringringrin

Vikings fans live in 2009. For packers fans time stopped in 1997.

Well, I'll apply a little balance to my reply. No doubt that makes me a mediocre fan, but hopefully a somewhat reasonable man. smilesmile

When you don't have any history of winning the Super Bowl, 2009 is all you have, so I totally get the Vikes fans wanting to forget all the failures and focus on this season's possibilities.

As a Packers fan, time has never stopped for me. I take that winning history and apply it optimistically to 2009, with high hopes for my team, which has some talent and a reasonable chance for a winning record and a playoff appearance.

I think, with Favre, the Vikings have a better chance than the Pack at climbing to the top.

We'll just have to see how it plays out on the field. If your Vikes beat my Packers, it'll be because they were the better team that day, and I'll acknowledge that in the open forums, just as I have before. smilesmile

Originally Posted By: Badger

Tied with Buffalo for the worst record in Super Bowl history (0-4) is a bad run! LOL The Vikings also have the worst playoff loss in NFL history. Giants 41 Vikings 0 grin Keep hoping....

Why do you feel the 41-0 loss was worse than the Jags 62-7 beatdown of the Dolphins?

Can we get some packer fans in here that have even basic sports knowledge?

41-0....41-doughnut....41-zip Sorry, this was the worst beating in NFC history, not the NFL....or is it???

How about this fun fact!!! wink

They suffer through training camp and a seemingly-endless preseason. They slug their way through 16 regular season games. Finally, the real games — the playoffs — get underway, and before you know it, it’s time to put up the helmets and pads for another season.

Once the NFL postseason begins, only one team is going to end up happy. The rest will simply limp into the offseason wondering what might have been.

Making the playoffs is fun. Losing once you get there isn’t.

Here are the teams that have suffered that losing feeling more than others:.

1. Minnesota Vikings: 25

2. Dallas Cowboys: 24

T2. St. Louis Rams: 24

T2. New York Giants: 24

5. Cleveland Browns: 20

T5. Miami Dolphins: 20

7. Pittsburgh Steelers: 19

T7. Tennessee Titans: 19

9. Oakland Raiders: 18

T9. Indianapolis Colts: 18

T9. Philadelphia Eagles: 18

Source: 2008 NFL Record & Fact Book

It helps to know things!

I'll be in full quizmaster mode when Im at the bleacher bowl in nov. slipping around on the tears of packer fans as Favre returns to show Young Aaron how its done.

I will be there with you! Its going to fun to watch packer fans reaction when their "God" enters the field in purple!!!

Hey, that just means they've been to the playoffs more than the pack. I'd rather at least get to the playoffs. In the 90's they were consistant with that.

I'd guess it will be 26 after this year - there is no way the Vikings shouldn't make the playoffs. Getting to and winning the bowl...I predict no.

Quote:
41-0....41-doughnut....41-zip Sorry, this was the worst beating in NFC history, not the NFL....or is it???

They suffer through training camp and a seemingly-endless preseason. They slug their way through 16 regular season games. Finally, the real games — the playoffs — get underway, and before you know it, it’s time to put up the helmets and pads for another season.

Once the NFL postseason begins, only one team is going to end up happy. The rest will simply limp into the offseason wondering what might have been.

I guess I didn't realize the Pack was that bad..Really?

Then again I only have a couple recollections of the Packers, winning the Super bowl with Favre and the infamous and everlasting Super Bowl Loss the following year. We'll call that the FUNNEST FACT Badge!

I never thought it could get any better then that for a Viking fan, THAT Super Bowl Loss, but low and behold...............

Brett Favre is a VIKING!!! grin

Beyond Priceless...LOL!

moving the goalposts now are we?

I guess I didn't realize the Pack was that bad..Really?

Then again I only have a couple recollections of the Packers, winning the Super bowl with Favre and the infamous and everlasting Super Bowl Loss the following year. We'll call that the FUNNEST FACT Badge!

I never thought it could get any better then that for a Viking fan, THAT Super Bowl Loss, but low and behold...............

Brett Favre is a VIKING!!! grin

Beyond Priceless...LOL!

I feel the same way. Brett Favre isnt my first choice for vikes QB.

I just want to see him tarnish his reputation in Green Bay forever.

I love football regardless of who is playing. That being said I've always been a Packers fan. I live in MN and my wife's side of the family are diehard Vikings fans. Historically, I never give people [PoorWordUsage] about their teams. However, my in-laws feel the need to give me some unsolicited "ribbing" about my team of choice. I found a way to shut them up. When they come to my house and start spewing their garbage, I turn on my TV, go to my saved programs on my DVR, and play for them the 1998 NFC Championship game. Ouch!! Nuff said.

Don't even lump the Vikes in with the BILLS (Boy I Love Losing Super bowls)

The Bills did it 4 times IN A ROW. If you lump us in with them, throw the Broncos in, too. Weren't they 0-4 before they won one? And when they finally did win a Super Bowl, who'd they beat? Oh yeah, the puke and snot. BTW, it was Chris Hovan who once said the Packers unis looked like puke and snot, I am just merely agreeing with him

Hes had a solid few years with Tampa

Made a Pro Bowl there. They switch his position and he has actually flourished since. He even said the Vikes weren't putting him at the right spot

He even said the Vikes weren't putting him at the right spot

That's a big surprise. smirk

Yea, shocking that Fat Dumb didn't use him right here.

HAHA I haven't heard anyone call him "Fat Dumb" since I lived up there and would listen to the HAMS everyday. Got me laughing pretty good there.

Chris Hovan was a joke!

4 1/2 Sacks in his 4 seasons in Tampa but WE didn't use him right LMAO!

Ocean front property in the Sahara desert anyone?

Good Grief people!

His one good year was better than he ever had here, I never said he needs to go to the HOF, just that he has been decent since he left here.

BTW, from the Bucs website:

Led all Buccaneers defensive linemen in tackles in 2005, 2006 and 2008, and ranked second on the line in 2007 with a career-high 95 tackles…

Yeah he is horrible. Stopping the run is just as valuable as getting 4 sacks a game.

His one good year was better than he ever had here, I never said he needs to go to the HOF, just that he has been decent since he left here.

Do you have any stats or a link to back that up how about a picture of him in his Pro Bowl uniform?.. grin

Never mind here they are...

5 seasons in Minnesota and 17 sacks!

4 Seasons in Tampa 4 sacks!

And he had more Tackles in Minnesota by the way!

LOL!

ranked second on the line in 2007 with a career-high 95 tackles…

So he had an NFL record 95 tackles in 2007?... this is getting good in here.

Actually he had 32 tackles in 2007 but we'll just go with 95 that sounds better!... grin

Chris Hovan was a joke!

4 1/2 Sacks in his 4 seasons in Tampa but WE didn't use him right LMAO!

Ocean front property in the Sahara desert anyone?

Good Grief people!

Yeah but, he went to the pro bowl!!

Next he'll be compared to Reggie White just like last year when T-Jack was compared to Tom Brady. hehe.gif

IALTO!

You gotta love packer fans, like the guy who said the Vikes will go 16-0, win 4 playoff games, and lose the super bowl. First of all, the NFC must be pretty good if we go undefeated and still have to play a wildcard game! Second, even if you have to play a wildcard game, you play 3 games, not 4. Nobody plays 4 playoff games. But I do give him credit for trying to rip us... And my 3rd point, for all the packer fans that already have the excuse that if we win the superbowl we only did it because we have their qb, well guess what? Hes not your qb, hes our qb! Hes here because he hates Ted Thompson and Green Bay, and after 16 or 17 years of packer fans acting like he was your god, he doesnt like you and wants to play AGAINST you!!! THATS GOTTA HURT!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll agree with everything you said wasworm except the part that Favre doesn't like the fans. I don't believe it has a thing to do with the fans it all has to do with how much he dislikes Ted Thompson.