• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Sorry Badger, just seen your reply. Yes, I play and have played sports. If Rodgers was so terrific, why wasn't he in Hawaii in February?

If Rodgers was so terrific, why wasn't he in Hawaii in February?

Because he was a top 5 QB, not a top 3 QB. Isn't that good enough for you?

Originally Posted By: zamboni
If Rodgers was so terrific, why wasn't he in Hawaii in February?

Because he was a top 5 QB, not a top 3 QB. Isn't that good enough for you?

No, its not. According the green and yellow fans, he is the new messiah.

He is no Brett Favre (YET) but he is better than any QB the vikings have had in years!!!

He is no Brett Favre (YET) but he is better than any QB the vikings have had in years!!!

Cunningham and Culpepper weren't all THAT long ago.

Originally Posted By: BrianLucky13

Cunningham and Culpepper weren't all THAT long ago.

Culpepper??? Are you kidding me??? He sucked!! Both of those guys had Randy Moss I believe.

Moss doesn't solve everything, look at what he did for the Raiders. They had a few good years, well Cunningham had one good year, so did Rogers so don't put him on the pedastal of cheese just yet.

Moss was hurt in Oakland. Plus he was smoking the good stuff and didnt want to be there!!!

Rodgers is still a Packer, therefore he stinks! If he is at all any good they will improve upon 6-10. Oh yeah I forgot that great QB's do go 6-10. I will be patiently awaiting the he only has played one full year banter.

Oh yeah I forgot that great QB's do go 6-10.

They do when their defense stinks. Oh yeah, we've already been down that road and you fail to acknowledge that little tidbit.

Can't wait tell next year and see what happens!!! Go Favre and go Packers!!!

I see you are caught in a catch 22!!!! I can't wait either, only time will tell and it's fun raising hell w/you cheddarheads in the mean time.

Favre

A league spokesman denies speculation that the NFL has already approved the mass production of Brett Favre Vikings jerseys.

"We wait until there is a player contract that has been approved," Brian McCarthy said. "Nothing has transpired from here." Reebok is believed to have produced screens of the No. 4 jerseys, but they could be destroyed if Favre doesn't end up with the Vikings. He's almost certain to, though, and the merchandise could threaten the single-season record for jersey sales. Jul. 2 - 4:54 pm et

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

I see you are caught in a catch 22!!!! I can't wait either, only time will tell and it's fun raising hell w/you cheddarheads in the mean time.

You and I need to have a few Pabsts and talk football!!! GO Packfarves!!!

Culpepper sucked? Where were you and exactly what were you doing when he was in his heyday here? He was #1 overall pick one year in my fantasy draft. Guess what- I was living in Kansas City and played in a league with all KC fans then.

BTW- he made the cover of Madden, so couldn't have been too bad. Only cover of Madden Rodgers will ever be on is if he put his own pic in the plastic

He was overweight and had no brains!!!! Clueless if you ask me!!!

Overweight on the Lions, not for us. BTW- I don't think he ever ran out of the end zone in his career.

BTW- he made the cover of Madden, so couldn't have been too bad.

Ah yes, the two measures of greatness....making a pro bowl and being on the cover of Madden. rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: zamboni
BTW- he made the cover of Madden, so couldn't have been too bad.

Ah yes, the two measures of greatness....making a pro bowl and being on the cover of Madden. rolleyes.gif

You're right- he musta sucked.

Culpepper 2004=

4,717 yards, 39 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions

Rodgers 2008=

4,038 yards, 28 tds, 13 ints.

Much better than anything we have had here, as you said- in a long time. Thats not including rushing yards/tds, do you really want me to go there? Culpepper was a ton better than Rodgers, until his knee injury. Go to Caribou- get some coffee gang. As far as Cunningham, I could put up highlights of the Vikes/Packers game in 98, but I don't wanna hear ya whine about the whoopin' that was dealt out by the purple that night.

Why didn't you use Culpepper's 2000 or 2002 stats?

I'd say that the 2000 stats should be used in this argument since that was his first full year in the NFL. Comparing those numbers to Rodger's first full year (2008) they look pretty much identical, and if you think Culpepper was great then apparently you're saying the same about Rodgers since their stats are essentially equal for their first year in the league.

box.gif

Why didn't you use Culpepper's 2000 or 2002 stats?

I'd say that the 2000 stats should be used in this argument since that was his first full year in the NFL. Comparing those numbers to Rodger's first full year (2008) they look pretty much identical, and if you think Culpepper was great then apparently you're saying the same about Rodgers since their stats are essentially equal for their first year in the league.

box.gif

Uhh, too much thinking and not enough testosterone, LMITOUT. A football fan should NEVER let reason overcome insanity! gringringrin

But Limit- I am not the one saying the Vikings haven't had anything bad here in years- I am only pointing out we indeed have had some decent QBs here, and recently. I do think Rodgers is the second best in the division, and that will be eclipsed once #4 signs here. Cutler is #1.

But Limit- I am not the one saying the Vikings haven't had anything bad here in years- I am only pointing out we indeed have had some decent QBs here, and recently.

OK, then why did you drag Rodgers into the fold? It's just the same p-ing match where to prove a point the other teams player is dragged into the discussion for no reason whatsoever instead of going on defense and defending the question at hand.

Apparently the Packers are the benchmark or gold standard because their players get compared to A LOT in this forum. smile