• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HI KODIAC,

I LANDED AT THE VNP PARK LANDING TODAY & WENT TO MY CABIN WHICH SITS ABOUT 2 BLOCKS FROM THE PARK LANDING, THERE WAS NOT ANY ICE & I COULD NOT SEE ANY ICE, BUT KNOW THERE IS STILL SOME BEYOND BUSHYHEAD, AND TOWARDS THE AMERICAN NARROWS AREA.

THERE IS SOME VERY BLACK ICE IN SAND BAY & JACKFISH LOOKS LIKE THERE IS VERY LITTLE ICE.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

How does the ice out compare to last year? Hit Rainy May 17th-24th last year and making the trip May 30th-June 6th this year.

Thanks,

SGPlatypus

SGPlatypus, How did you do last year? I'm wondering because our fall Rainy trip has changed to May 26-30th this year and I have never fished it that early before.

thanks fishmeister, that's good news...Platypus--I forget the exact date of ice out last year but think it was around May 10 or 12, but it will definitely be earlier this year and your dates should be perfect...I'll be there from the 6th to the 12th

Champs~ We did great last year, it was still a bit on the cold side but when the fishing is good who cares. We focused mostly on Pike and Smallies. The eye bite was slow when we first arrived and we didn't catch many in the keeper slot so we switched it up and hit the smallies and pike really hard. We caught several Pike in the 9-10 pound range and one 19 pounder.

Thanks Kodiac, that is what I wanted to hear! I knew ice out was late last year...sounds like about a week earlier this year.