• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Recommended Leech Lake Walleye/Muskie Guides

Can anyone recommend a versatile guide that would fish walleyes part of the day and throw for a few muskies part of the day? A friend will be with his high school kids up there in early August and wants to try a little of both.

Thanks.

See if Al Maas has an opening... Jim Murphy is another good guide. Anyone can catch Walleyes on Leech right now, Muskie are alot harder to find. So I would reccomend a Muskie guide that also fishes Walleyes instead of vise versa.

Im using Mark Wallins on Leech and Brian at first choice on Cass. We will be on leech May 28-jun 4 and then cass pike on June 4-10. they both have been very receptive to questions and allowing me to pick their brains if you will. Just my 2 cents. Jeff

Chad couldn't catch a walleye unless it swam in his net while he was netting a muskie. Great muskie angler but that is all he does.

Chad couldn't catch a walleye unless it swam in his net while he was netting a muskie. Great muskie angler but that is all he does.

Oh, yeah, my bad. When I read the word Muskie it obscures the word Walleye. Chad is indeed no help at all when it comes to Walleye. I tried to catch some on his home water of Kinkaid in Illinois in March, when I asked for tips, he responded "I've never caught one here".

Even if they swam into his Big Kahuna, the dinky Eyes would slip through the mesh...