• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manitou Island Parking Permit

You need a pass to launch boat not park. You can get one at city hall on HWY 61 and 2nd street. 35.00 for season non resident. Also they dug out the landing at ramsey beech its better than the one at Manitou. Just did it on Friday.

I just fill out the form at the ramp and leave a check. The cop than puts a permit sticker on my trailer when I'm on the lake or they will mail you the permit.

Brian

You need a pass to launch boat not park.

If you are parked in the lot with a boat trailer, and it doesn't have the sticker on it, you will get a ticket. No need for one if you don't have a trailer though, and just parking in the car spots. Also, don't park in a trailer spot if you don't have a trailer, even if you have a canoe on top of your vehicle, that is sure to get a tickie too.

And watch out for the prop blowout holes with this low water. You can launch fine and lower you motor to start, but at the end of the blowout it gets shallow quick. Raise that motor or get dinged wink

I was watching a guy yesterday, would not wrench up the last 12 inches, just hard the throttle harder. Is that lazy or what? Maybe it was a new rig and he does know how deep he needs to have trailer. If I only have 12-18 inches I'll wrench my ranger the last bit. Beats causing a blowhole, Next time it cost me a prop, lower unit or drag bottom of boat on it a screw-up transducer.

Yep Jim, we basically stopped power loading a few years ago due to not wanting to cuase blowouts. Now we just idle up to trailer as far as "idle" will bring us, and winch the rest of the way. It's not hard and doesn't take more than a minute.

But on windy, rainy nasty days, we will give it a bit o juice to get a bit farther smile but not often. Those blowout holes mess up ramps good, and make for prop dings when folks don't know how shallow it is at the end of the hole...

cjac, you can just buy it from the guy sleeping in the cop car at the launch when you go put the boat in there.