• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rubber roofing

Has anyone put on the rubber roofing? I need to put some on my camper fish house and wanted to know how hard or easy it is. I'm looking at the Liquid roof type but any input is wanted. Thanks

I watched my neighbor do it a few times as he builds houses in the winter months,brushes on a adhesive and then lays on the rubber and uses like a metal carpet strip and screws it all the way around the house, i think the trick is to pull the rubber tight, i don't think he has ever had a leak.

My big dog trailer with 12 boxes on it has a rubber sheet cover. I bought it used from the guy that made it. I think M Fleet Farm has it on sale by the ft. The guy folded it over the edge and used aluminum trim to hold in place. Doesn't leak and holds up to dogsleds being carried on top. Might be good alternative.

motleyman, Just as fishon68 says. Spread out the adhesive and roll out the roofing, the only thing I did different was I didn't pull it tight. I took out all the wrinkles and bubbles with a weighted hand roller (similar to a flooring roller but smaller) and then I finished the edges with a 'J-channel'all around. It really is an easy job to do, next one I do though, I'm gonna set up scaffolding all around rather than working from step ladders. Phred52

Thanks for info and I am going to do the rubber roofing, Sounds the best and easiest way to go. Everyone have a safe opener.