• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone get drafted by from the gophers

bassNspear

The one that was a very good prospect was Eric Decker from Cold Spring. I don't even think he declared for the draft because he was drafted in the first round of the MLB draft last year. Quite an athlete. I'm sure he would have gone somewhere between rounds 3-4

Decker in only a junior and didn't declare for the draft. The only Gopher that was considered this year was DE Willie VanDeSteeg. He wasn't drafted, but there's a change some team will give him a shot. Possibly even the Vikes.

I think Kare-11 said that VanDeSteeg got signed tonight by the Ravens

I think Kare-11 said that VanDeSteeg got signed tonight by the Ravens

Ya singed with them last night

First time since 99' that no Gopher player was drafted. I wish the Vikes could have landed Willie, could be the next Kampman!

my bad, I didn't realize he red-shirted... What are the odds Decker goes pro in football? He is an unbelievable baseball player.

Good for Willie!! He is a hell of a guy, that drinking incident hurt him but the kid doesn't drink anymore. Oh does he have some good looking tutors.

From the Strib:

All of Minnesota's colleges and universities were shut out in this weekend's NFL draft.

For the first time since 1999, nobody from the University of Minnesota was taken. Eighteen Gophers have been selected in coach Glen Mason's 10 years, including four each in 2001 and 2006. But none made the cut this time.

James Laurainitis (LOHR'-eh-NYE-tis) of Wayzata and Lydon Murtha of Hutchinson were the only Minnesota high school products drafted this weekend. Laurainitis, who played at Ohio State, went to St. Louis in the second round. Murtha, who played at Nebraska, was picked by Detroit in the seventh round.

Several players with Minnesota ties signed with NFL teams as rookie free agents after the draft.

Nate Swift of Hutchinson and Nebraska signed with Denver. So did Everette Pedescleaux (ped-eh-SCLOH') of Robbinsdale Armstrong and Northern Iowa. Willie VanDeSteeg of Silver Lake and the Gophers signed with Baltimore. Ramon Humber of Champlin Park and North Dakota State signed with Indianapolis.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Willie in purple. The guy doesn't shy away from contact, that is for sure. Guess the Vikings didn't need him for their outstanding kickoff coverage. Can you imagine him ripping down the middle?

awesome information Scott.

Glad to see alot of the local guys from our area are in the NFL. Cool to see that the wright county pumps out alot of talent!

i played against willie back in the day, it was only one game but i can say i did

Willie was a hockey player way back in the day for Hutchinson youth hockey, if you can believe it. I think he stopped playing cuz he would have had to leave GSL to play high school hockey. Lydon Murtha also played hockey until 8th grade I think. He was a monster on skates.

Saw on ESPN today the preview to the 2010 draft. Decker was the 2nd rated reciever Kipers board.

Ohio State 7

Penn State 5

Wisconsin 4

Iowa 4

Illinios 3

Purdue 2

Northwestern 0

Indiana 0

Minnesota 0

Kiper must be losing it. Decker is a good player but I can think of 10 guys off the top of my head that will go before him in next years draft.

im wondering if decker is goign to play football or baseball. Guy is a stud in both sports!

and guess what town he is from????????????? confusedsmirkcrazylaughwinkwhistle

Ya i know, Cold Spring, Gods Country!

Originally Posted By: glenn57
and guess what town he is from????????????? confusedsmirkcrazylaughwinkwhistle

Ya i know, Cold Spring, Gods Country!

NA, gods country is further north but its close. laughlaughwhistlewink

hey there big shooter, where ya been? thought you might of gotten kicked off. crazylaughlaugh havent seen ya on much lately. so do ya do anything special for fishin opener? back to the main topic here. rocori has had a few studs that had the possibilities to play pro but i think eric has the best chance. zack femrite turned down a chance to pitch in the minors. and i think erics uncle jim tried out and had a shot years back for the houston oilers but he wussied out. later.

My younger brother signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as a free agent directly after the draft. He went to High School at Breck(Minneapolis) and attended Boston College. He just got back from the Eagle's 3 day camp. He heads back to Philly the middle of this month for another camp. His name is Brandon Robinson and he is #16. I am super proud of him and wish him the best! Even when he was little he talked of playing football in the NFL. Congratulations Brandon!!

My younger brother signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as a free agent directly after the draft. He went to High School at Breck(Minneapolis) and attended Boston College. He just got back from the Eagle's 3 day camp. He heads back to Philly the middle of this month for another camp. His name is Brandon Robinson and he is #16. I am super proud of him and wish him the best! Even when he was little he talked of playing football in the NFL. Congratulations Brandon!!

Thats awesome DougR- I wish him well!!

hey there big shooter, where ya been? thought you might of gotten kicked off. crazylaughlaugh havent seen ya on much lately. so do ya do anything special for fishin opener? back to the main topic here. rocori has had a few studs that had the possibilities to play pro but i think eric has the best chance. zack femrite turned down a chance to pitch in the minors. and i think erics uncle jim tried out and had a shot years back for the houston oilers but he wussied out. later.

i have been very busy!