• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any advice for a Washington "come-backer"?

I fished Washington as a little girl with my grandfather and haven't been back since.

I'd like to make a trip out there - reunite me, the first lake I ever fished, and the first boat I ever fished out of. Its a 1960 14ft Crestliner I finally got last summer - and yes, its in great shape.

Any suggestions about launches, bait shops, etc?

I'd go to the Elsworth Landing on the south side it's never been a problem launching there. As for bait shops you can stop at almost any local gas station around to pick up bait, Dassel, Darwin, Hutchinson. All depends on which way you are coming from. I had real good luck with a #3 Mepps spinner last year. The one that is dressed and has the orange, green, and yellow blade on it.

• 3 months later...

Finally think I'm going to take that Lake Washington trip!! and the whole family is going.

Does anyone know if there's a picnic area at the Ellsworth launch? or one on the lake nearby?

I can't think of a picnic area anywhere around there. Maybe over at Sportsman's Park on the NE side of the lake. I think there are some picnic tables, etc.

Actually, I found a contact number on the Dassel City website. I don't want to drag everyone (9 of us) out there for a day of fishing and picnic-ing without knowing where the picnic grounds are.

Thanks for your help.

Patti

Hey Jason!

Had it out a few times but this weekend is special.

My bro-in-law's birthday is today and mine is tomorrow. Everyone always gets together the weekend before or after to celebrate.

This year I decided the bday get-together was a good excuse to get everyone out to Washington. Its the lake my grandpa used to take us fishing to when I was little in the boat I have now. So reuniting the first boat I ever fished out of with the first lake I ever fished. Its also the first boat/lake my sisters ever fished.