• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

crappies

cnlhockeyplay

Any one know where i can get some nice crappies/gills/perch around the st.cloud area any help will be apprecated

Thanks-

cameron

Any one know where i can get some nice crappies/gills/perch around the st.cloud area any help will be apprecated

Most people aren't going to divulge there favorite early spring crappie/gill spots on the internet.

My suggestion is to look at lake maps from around the area and look for shallow bays or boat harbors. Places where the water warms up quickly. If your thinking of fishing from shore...just look for the crowds of people standing on the banks.

Nels

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Last Friday there were several guys fishing from shore on Little Rock Lake near the hwy. There are often nice crappies and perch in there.

The north end of little rock by the bridge can be good to where the crick comes in. It is no secret spot so there will be a lot of people there if the bite is good. TheY tend to run small but the action is good.

Yeh I drove by there the other day and they are catching them there. It made me sick to see how many tiny crappies people were keeping it was down right sad. What in the world are you going to get off them little things.Some people are just to greedy when it comes to fish. frown

Back when I was a kid 25 or so years ago there used to be a few nice ones in George to be had after dark by the paddle boat dock.