• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This could well be the worst year ever out there. River level never rose more than a foot, if that. Never saw any suckers or northers running, and haven't caught a single fish, let alone any bites for that matter.

Yes, you could be right. I know few years back when the water level was high, it was real good fishing for the kids.

Was down at the dam off pool 1 and the water was WAY down from where I've ever seen it and I didn't get one bite.

Anyone actually catching fish there?

The fishing on the sunrise has been terrible for a few years now. Back in the early to mid 90's it was great for pike, bass, panfish, and bullheads. 200 fish a day were possible. Now there is nothing! RIP sunrise river, you will be missed. frown

When I was kid, my dad used to take me to dam and we could catch a lot of jumbo perch, a lot of bullhead, and few nice size pike.. Its shame to see this low...

jumbo perch and jumbo crappies! I do hope it rains hard over here for couple of days!

I might be passing through the chisago area to try for some crappies tomorrow...I don't know if I'll be able to not visit the sunrise as well. My mind is telling me "don't do it, it's a waste of time!", but my instinct is telling me "give it a go for old times sake".

JB, don't waste your time, it's pretty low. But then again, maybe just my luck!