• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for turkeys near Fargo (but not in city limits!)

I've got a buddy who's looking for some turkeys to chase with his bow. He's got a tag for Unit R, which includes anywhere within 1/2 hour of Fargo, as long as it's North of HWY 46. He was going to scout for a couple weeks before season opened last weekend, but he ended up throwing sandbags the entire time he wanted to scout.

Can anyone point him in the right direction for a tom? He's a good guy who put in tons of hours/days fighting the flood (when his home was not in danger at all), so a tip as to where people have seen birds lately has been hard earned and would sure be appreciated.

If you'd prefer to e-mail me with info, that'd be great too:

scootsfishing at yahoo

Thanks much!

just south of horace there are a ton ask some people just south west of town i'm sure someone will let him shoot one with the bow i've seen like thirteen toms with long beards down that way

Scoot...best look up in the tree's.....kinda wet on the ground out dat way...dem turkeys swim poorly.

wink

Thanks for the tip, Pan. I'm afraid Ed's right though, most of the areas I've seen birds down there before are underwater now. But... they've got to be somewhere, so maybe we can find the next logical place they've relocated to.

I think they got pushed out to the West along the floodway up to the farms that are dry Scoot. I seen 50 trot'n down the floodway burm. The Railroad grades West and South would be a likely pathway for them to fallow too. All there woodlands near the river are flooded yet so they are headed for high ground.

Brian, I went out with him one evening knocking on doors in the areas suggested by you and others here. We rapped on a dozen or so doors and only talked with one person. Long story short, no birds around after the water moved in. My buddy has been out twice since then and has yet to see a turkey. Funny thing is, we live in West Fargo near a field that is inside of city limits. That stinkin' field has a dozen or so birds in it every day! Those birds are driving my buddy crazy!!!

Thanks for the tips. I wish the report was better, but not yet. Hopefully he'll figure out where they've gone to.

Oh, OK!! Ill talk to some more people I know in that area. I cant believe how many are around the Vergas and DL area. Yesterday I must have seen a couple hundred!!