• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing has been the last thing on my mind for the past few weeks, but I've got a little down time before the next crest. Here's a few shots from our trip up to Stu's place in March. As always, Stu took good care of us and got us pointed in the right direction.

FYI- I'm sure my days are all screwed up, so don't hold me to which day I say any of the fish were caught. Also, Matt and Damon, two of our buddies were along on this trip. Somehow, they either didn't get any pics taken of them or they just didn't get me their pics. Either way, they were with, but are not pictured below.

The trip started out with a bang when Ross broke his rod on the first fish of the trip- a 15 incher! We think the auger was banging on his rod on the ride out.

Rossbroken.jpg

Keller got a nice one that day.

Keller94.jpg

... and so did Jon.

Jon2.jpg

Sat was the big day. I was blessed with my first ever migraine and I was mostly out of commission for the day (grrrrrr). Here are a few of the pics we took that day.

Mike10.jpg

Jon1.jpg

Mike's new PB- just over 10 lbs.

Mike10.jpg

Keller's new best and the big fish of the trip- 13 lbs 2 oz.

Keller132.jpg

I did manage a few fish that day (for the record, I did not start to sprout horns this day- that's the auger mount on the 4wheeler behind me crazy).

Scott1-1.jpg

The last day was colder, but we caught our share of fish. Here's Ross with a nice one.

Ross1.jpg

I was feeling better and back in action.

Scott-1.jpg

.. and Jon, who was the hot stick for much of the trip, scraped up some nice ones too.

Jon2.jpg

In total, it was a great trip! I'd forgotten how much fun we had until I looked at these pics again today. ... almost makes me forget about the flood for a while! Thanks for the patience in waiting for me to get these pics out, folks. Several people asked me to post them, but it took a while.

I'm already looking forward to getting back up there next year!

Very nice bunch of fish guys. The weather looks cooperative too, always a plus out on the lake.

Lots of PB's, and setting a new PB bar is what that fishery is best for.

Bummer about the migraine Scoot, did the light bring it on ya think, sunglasses's are a must out there or it will burn eyeballs and your brain, it's happened to me before too. Still a fun-sucker none the less.

I wish my last Who-ra was not squelched by the arrival of the flooding. Now I'll need to wait tell next December to catch a big walleye again. wink

Sorry to hear your trip wasn't better Scoot... some nice fish caught though! We'll have to get up there next winter again...

marine_man

Bummer about the migraine Scoot, did the light bring it on ya think, sunglasses's are a must out there or it will burn eyeballs and your brain, it's happened to me before too. Still a fun-sucker none the less.

Im still peeling all over my face from the sun two weeks ago at long point, LOTwoods. My cousin was burnt pretty bad too and was sick all the second day too. My lips look like I got beat up for a day straight they were so burnt. That late season sun can really play some bad tricks on you. Scoot, we will have to fish a bit together this summer and talk about the glory days of High School... HAHA

Ed, it had NOTHING to do with salties or the Lord Selkirk Tavern-- really, I promise!!! grin

dragon, that'd be fun! Hmmmm... the glory days? As I remember it, you guys put a whoopin' on us most of the time. mad

Not sure about that but it would be fun to get out fishing and [PoorWordUsage]

a little. Im raring to go, But the river isnt cooperating to much yet.

Not sure about that but it would be fun to get out fishing and [PoorWordUsage]

a little. Im raring to go, But the river isnt cooperating to much yet.