• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vadnais Lake

yeah it should be open i was down on the south end of the lake on saturday and it looked like there were cars driving between the two lakes. me and by buddy ended up doing really good on saturday we were catching some big crappies the biggest was 13.5 and the others were 11.75 plus inches but sunday it seemed like it died down we were just catching 9 to 10 inchers i couldnt believe some of the size to the crappies. plain hook with a minnow worked the best. good luck

Nice report Bigtime, I only fished it a handfull of times and never had much luck.

Hey Tom, maybe you and I should head out there sometime. I'll bring my daughters and you bring your grandkids.

Anyway...I went tonite...nothing. I appears the are biting in the day time. I might have to get up earlier tomorrow and give it a try. smile

Fished Vadnais this afternoon, seen some nice crappies caught. Think I could catch just one. Nope I caught 3 northerns on crappie minnows instead.

That is all that I saw caught also...but Tommy had fun catching them on light crappie tackle. shocked

I was also using light tackle and it was a blast, but I don't have any fish in the freezer.

Went out this morning in search of crappies...zilch, nada, zero. Maybe it was too cold today, I'll wait for the warm temps again.

I have found out that in years past, the window for crappies off shore on Vadnais is very short.

Are the gates open? I always thought they waited until the first week of May because they didn't want traffic on the road to early in the spring. I used to catch some nice crappies in the spring. No quantity, but all quality.

The gates are open. Just got back from fishing there. No crappies, caught 3 pike. Biggest being 30". Got bit off twice. Fun day out there. Too bad the pike were out in full force. I'll be back in a few days to see if I can get any crappies.