• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnetonka Crappie Contest Date???

MNfishtrapper

I still cant find any info on the 2009 Tonka crappie contest. Does anyone know the info for this. Last I heard they were still in the process of finnalizing the date. It's getting late now though. I'm expecting the last weekend of the month??

talked to tim at wayzata bait yesterday and he said lord fletchers was looking into running the contest and it would be april 25th

HERE IS THE SCOOP FOR THE CRAPPIE CONTEST!!!!GANDER MTN BACKED OUT AND LORD FLETCHERS IS TRYING TO PUT IT TOGETHER AT THE LAST MINUTE BUT IT WILL BE ON THE 25TH IF THEY HAVE IT!!!WAYZATA BAIT WILL BE THE PEOPLE TO CALL TO KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED WITH THE PROGRESS!! FLETCHERS WILL LET THEM KNOW WHEN THE COME TO A DECISION

Why would GM wait so long to back out? If they knew that they would not be able to afford doing it this year they should have said at the beginning so then people like LF do not have to put something together the last minute. Just a bad decision I think on GM part. I hope that Fletchers will be able to figure something out because it is for a great cause.

I sure hope GM doesn't go under. Still one of the best places in the metro to go troll the isles. FF is good too though.

I would much rather shop Cabela's much more tackle to look through and the help is right there in case you have a question. It seems like GM you have to look for someone to help you instead of them coming to you. The price is right in the same ball park plus the kids love looking at the animals.

but...I'd rather drive down the street to Gander than outta town for cabelas

Lake Minnetonka Crappie Contest details

By Rob Drieslein

Editor

Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:43 PM CDT

Still on for 2009! Set for next Saturday, April 25

Here are the details on the 2009 Lake Minnetonka Crappie Contest. I received them late yesterday afternoon - not in time for this week's print edition of Outdoor News. Lord Fletcher's is the host sponsor this year.

Anglers, families, and outdoor enthusiasts can take part in the annual Crappie Contest. Join The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in the fight against blood cancers by taking part in the contest on Saturday, April 25.

The family-friendly event takes place at Lord Fletcher's on Lake Minnetonka, with prizes for the heaviest fish. Fishing can begin at 12:01 a.m. on April 25, with the final weigh-in before 2 p.m. that day. There is a $5 preregistration entry fee ($6 on-site). All money collected will be donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You may preregister at Lord Fletcher's before April 24. On-site registrations on April 25 will be collected until 10 a.m. Organizers encourage everyone who is partaking in the event to pay the registration fee to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.comTo register or for more information, stop in during normal business hours at Lord Fletcher's or call The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at (763) 852-3005.

For a link to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and a registration form, click here.

Since we don't know the details, we shouldn't really rip on Gander. They very well could have cancelled a long time ago and the event planners dropped the ball. I am sure they are having a bad year, so you can't expect them to spend money on stuff like that. I had a friend who worked at corporate that was laid off from there in the last 12 months, and the CEO resigned.

Hang in there Gander! Don't sink the boat, we need you to survive this smile