• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnetonka Crappies!

It was a beautiful day out on lake Minnetonka! Spent the afternoon with my wife and daughter chasin' crappies. The bite was slow but the Easter Bunny delivered a few fish wink Fish were caught in 10 to 12 fow. We found 48 degrees in Wayzata Bay and was using green and yellow tube jigs. Go get em!

MinnetonkaSlabs006.jpg

MinnetonkaSlabs005.jpg

Great fish doug! Were you out in a boat, or shore fishing? Looks like you were on shore, but maybe not? Thanks for any advice!

Excellent day out, I'm also thinking the wife beat you heh. I wouldn't have believed the water was that warm yet.

Good going Doug. I fished little Pulaski today for a while, several small bass, sunfish and crappies. Fishing was very slow, just needed to move alot.

I think your wife caught the bigger fish grin

Her arms are longer than his... laugh

From the splits and spot patterns they appear to be the same two fish...

Very nice Crappies!!! cool

I fished Grays Bay for a few hours on Sat. and didn't find any crapps, just two sunfish. Tried several areas from 6-12 ft. Anyone have any luck out there?

Nice fish Doug!!! We were out in the black lake area saturday too. We had slow success on some 8 inch crappies. Two were about 9 1/2. It's nice to finally be out on the water!!!

Nice fish Doug. And yea, your wife beat ya. Even if she didn't, make her think she did cause she makes a wicked Tuna Sammy!! shockedwink

You all have to realize that Doug's wife outfishes him evertime she goes with him. Nice fish though, lets get out this week...My boat or yours?

Nice job! Nice to see that the open water is starting to get going. With the weather out look for this week I would think that by Tuesday or Wednesday they should be moving up shallower with the water warming up.

Thanks for all the replies! The fish in the two picture are the same fish. Wanted to send a "shout out" to all the female anglers. Minnetonka is really starting to turn on. Lately we have been fishing weedy flats at about 8 to 12 fow. Tube jigs tipped with small crappie minnows have been a great presentation. I love fishing with my wife and yes she generally out fishes me. I believe thats the way it's suppose to be smile

Hey Doug, nice crappies - makes me think I need to start branching out farther than the usual stomping grounds. Haven't been able to get out much at all myself, we had a baby a few weeks ago and that's been keeping me at home but hopefully will be able to sneak out here and there over the next couple months.

I love fishing with my wife and yes she generally out fishes me. I believe thats the way it's suppose to be smile

That sure makes it a lot easier to get out fishing, doesn't it grin

Those are some awesome crappies.

Went out yesterday and caught 20 in a matter of 2.5 hours. Nothing of real size, I think the biggest was 12". Old Doug did pull in a 13 next to me though. What a beautiful night it was to be out on the lake!!!

Ebiz,

Congratulations on the new member of your family. There is nothing like it in the world! I will keep the fish locked down until you make it back out lol. Opener can be good in our spot smile