• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How is the snake river for bass fishing large and small mouths between Pokagama and Cross. Is there a lot of boat trafic. Is it worth hitting somtime between bass opener and mid June. I would like to hit it at sun up and slowley work it with top water and crank baits with a little of plastic in there all the way to the Cross Lake landing.

I don't know about the other 2 species but you can pound the stripers/white bass out of that streach.

I've caught some bass (both species) in that stretch. There is lot's of boat traffic also, most of the stretch is a no wake zone though. You'll probably catch more pike than anything. Any backwater areas are good for crappies as well. I've caught some dandy 'eyes, sunnies, and silvers there. Off the main channel the river weeds up pretty quickly, so buzzbaits and weedless spoons have always been good for me.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any stripers in there. If there was I would cancel my trip to Connecticut next month. There's both smallies and largemouth in there but I'd skip the topwater baits near opener and stick to plastics and shallow cranks/jerkbaits.

No stripers, but some big whities in there. The bass fishing can be pretty decent. Far more largemouth than smallmouth in the stretch you're talking about.

Do the white bass ever school up on the snake? I've only caught individuals.

Rarely. I can only remember one time where I have caught multiple fish in succession on the river. I use to get into schools out on the lake, but that seems to be increasingly rare. However, all the whities I have caught in recent years have been big ones. 15"+ fish.

How about snake north of Mora on Hwy. 3? I got a cabin right next to there anybody fish that strech, I imagine you need either canoe or waders

I've fished various access points upstream of mora and got the typical smallies, 'eyes, and pike. Nice size to the 'eyes though (up to 4 lbs).