• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice out guess

Random guy

Halad brought up a great point about ice out in another post. Now we get the this scare every few years although we normaly see open water by walleye season but this is what I would like to do:

What is your guess for complete ice out date as in when we can not see ice on the lake. I will be able to check and verify as this time of the year I am watching it very close due to other bussiness ventures so lets see who gets the date closest or maybe even right on.

May 1 at 12:59 a.m. I'm sure someone will stumble out of the West Wind, go down to take a look at the lake before retiring for the evening and announce "The ice is gone" grin

Greetinz' frum Da-Hood !

It will be May 5th at 11:03am

It's always 33days after Nokomis'ice goes out!

snipe

Greetinz' frum Da-Hood !

It will be May 5th at 11:03am

It's always 33days after Nokomis'ice goes out!

snipe

egads! now there's a blast from the past.

where you been holing up snipe you hoodlum?

jiggles,

I've just been layin' low lookin' for work.

Not a whole lotta truss designer jobs out there

but you never know, sumptin' will turn up.

The day I got home frum deer huntin' last fall and

" Ah snipe can you come into my office for a minute? "

But Look out . . .

jonnysnipe's low budget upper red lake outfitterz'

will be makin' it's virgin run this spring!

Just thought I'd better warn ya!

(better lock up dem wimminz') whistle

snipe

p.s. Greetinz' frum da-hood!

good luck snipe. it's tough out there.

my wife had a triend, a teacher in the same position for 20 years was told she's done at the end of this season.

it's every where man.

time to diversify.

Hey Dave Howz about you diversify some of those smelt into jars of say Hot Mustard, Salsa, Original Flavor laugh Are they runnin' yet? You could corner the market with your recipees.

By far the best I've ever had. Hope all is well!

"Son of Slab" IBOT #305

hey slab, lurk in dark alleys and look what you run across he he.

all is good.

sure miss the ol lug hanging around though.

I went to his shack the other day and had a burger with him...so to speak. if he's anywhere around here, he's there.

schmeldt, nope, not yet. I was talking to a long time schmeldting buddy yesterday...we both agree we're at least a week and a half out yet..maybe more like two.

my bride did up 28 pints last year. the mustard ones are my personal favorite.

let us know how much you want and we'll (she'll) put them up for you.

drop a mail sometime!

by the way, I didn't get to say thanks for coming there when I saw ya...so, thanks...you know

oops, back to ice out....sorry

The ice ridge has opened up here on the S. shore and the ducks are really enjoying the open water looks like merganzers (sp) smacking the minnows. 60 and south wind is really drying things up. 22 days left to opening and the weather is to cool off so i will stick with my 9th. for ice out but will probably go sooner.

The ice ridge has opened up here on the S. shore and the ducks are really enjoying the open water looks like merganzers (sp) smacking the minnows. 60 and south wind is really drying things up. 22 days left to opening and the weather is to cool off so i will stick with my 9th. for ice out but will probably go sooner.

Thanks for a very helpful and promising update!

Hey Johnny, you have any iceout updates? Can you see open water along shoreline or anywhere?

With the higher water levels a very large opening is has occured in front of the mouth of the river. Larger and faster then most years...sign of the times?

The S.shore looks pretty much the same. The shoreline is deteriorated but not open except in front of the ditches. There is a lot of water running into the lake Shotley brook is a lake with no banks. Wind and rain would help but it will be a while yet, with 18 days to go the only question is will they close the rivers to fishing? This is a fun time of the year strong NW winds and moving ice can be exciting. I love it.

You guys ever get the huge ice piles from the winds pushing the ice up onto shore? I was coming from Thief River yesterday and saw an awesome site of a huge ice pile that pushed up out towards the middle of the lake, I can only wonder how big it was, because it was a few miles out there. A few years back it pushed up towards our way, it was an amazing experience, it sounded like breaking glass, there were no big chunks just finely broken up ice that looked like sno-cone ice, and just kept piling up higher and higher, after it was all said and done, there were 25-30ft piles about 5ft behind our houses, and we live next to a 25ft cliff, so imagine how huge these piles were, my Grams was gathering up all her valuables fearing it was going to go right thru our houses, it was indeed a lil uneasy, but awesome at the same time.