• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, The paintballs have been resupplied and there are now two slingshots in my boats for launching said paintballs.....

Don't get too close.....if ya know what I mean.

Now this sounds like fun! grin

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• Here-Kitty-Kitty

• Papa Grump

• harvey lee

Well, The paintballs have been resupplied and there are now two slingshots in my boats for launching said paintballs.....

Don't get too close.....if ya know what I mean.

Oh no, John. I now fear for what you may have started.

I wonder if bringing a slingshot to a paintball fight is akin to bringing a knife to a gunfight. Can't match a full-auto CO2 powered paintball gun, even with a pair of those wrist rockets in the boat.

After donating a new box of paint and a slingshot to the RP, my boat better be safe.......

Pretty sure the only gun in my boat shoots lead and will put holes in a RP. Better save the paintballs for everyone else.

Thank God the only thing I should have to put up with tonight is some meaningless text message from Shamu around midnight , something to the effect about "game over"...... usually for some little 2 pound channel cat he probably snagged grin

Quote:
Pretty sure the only gun in my boat shoots lead and will put holes in a RP.

That's about what it takes to stop them.At least we can bounce of trees and root balls whistle

Quote:
Pretty sure the only gun in my boat shoots lead and will put holes in a RP.

That's about what it takes to stop them.At least we can bounce of trees and root balls whistle

Well what do you expect...your RP is going to bounce off of trees and root balls when it only goes 20mph! laugh

What’s the big deal…..They are built to bounce of trees and root balls.

If you took all the aluminum in that “jet out board” of yours and melted it down, there would not enough material to make the skid plate on our RP’s.

What HP is that thing rated for?

Slow night tonight. I had high hopes after boating 2 small flats in the first 10 minutes, but then it just died.

Ended the night with 3 Flats and 1 Channel

The rain could've waited for another hour.

Thanks Ed for taking me tonight. Ed had three channels, and I was skunked again, and this has happened to me every opening night since I started in 2006. Still, it is great to get out on the river and once again my mulligan is already out of the way.

Ed -- I sent you an e-mail with the best picture of your biggest channel in my camera. If you want any more, just let me know.

Thanks again,

Jerry

I had plenty of chances to land a flat last night, but as usual I screwed up every bite. That is the most fish I have missed or lost halfway all year.

I got four flats no real monsters and missed three, It was a real fun time in the boat with HKK we had a riot, he missed three or four also and the one we both should of missed was the stink bait he made up sicksickgrin

I know one of the boats fishing last night nailed a biggun, pretty sure it was over 40".

WE had one in our boat over 40 and one just under 40.

Don't feel like the lone ranger in the miss department Ed. We had I believe 14 or 15 runs and only landed two fish. I broke off on 2 nicer fish and the 2 year old PP needs to go. Seems the flats would get the bully in their mouth just a bit, one would set the hook and the flat would let go.

Andrew and I both stated that this was unreal. I felt like it was my first time setting a hook.

Thanks Capt. Andrew for a great evening, I really enjoyed it.

Quote:
The rain could've waited for another hour.

Nuts wasn't it? I get halfway home and it quits. mad

One little flat in our boat last night, quite a few "swing and miss" to go along with it. It was a blast to have Peder along for the ride. smile

Sounds like the rookie boat didn't do too bad...Let's say it would have been a good night to be playing catfish shootout. I'm about to take off for the weekend so I'll get the pix sent to the proper authorities cool

Yep it was a great night on the water. Bugs down your throat and minced bullheads as well whatever you wanna call them. I will not be doing that one again lol. Had a blast out there with ya Gordie. Will have to do that again one of these nights.

Here is one Andrew landed last evening. I believe it was like 39x25.

BPCLphotos004.jpg

I also hooked up with one. 41x23. Very small stomach.

BPCLphotos006.jpg

Sad part is we missed too many to mention and I broke off on 2 nice fish. I need new line I guess.

Thanks Tom, never seen that many runs that we couldnt sink a hook into before. At least we both were able to manage a fish.

Very nice fish guys! Good start on the flat side this year as we can see smile

Quote:
and I broke off on 2 nice fish. I need new line I guess.

How old is your pp grin

This is the start of the third year. I did turn it on the spool but after losing 2 flats last night, its in the garbage.

Its about as old as I Shack. At times I get cheap and try to make it last a little longer and it cost me.

I lost 2, then I did land one and when I went to cast out again, it broke off again. I guess I was lucky to land the fish I did.

Brent managed a nice channel, a flat and a really nice 27" Walleye that tipped the scales at close to 8lbs..

It had us both scratching our head. cool

Its about as old as I Shack.

Huh! grin

I am running mine on season 2 and if I get one break I am switching out not matter what. I have been pretty luck so far. I want to try suffix and another brand so it will not take much for me to switch. The PP high vis has been pretty good, but the Cabela's 80lb house braid on one my rods looks cool but I am not impressed with.