• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• Here-Kitty-Kitty

• Papa Grump

• harvey lee

watch out for rushing he thinks he's got his JU-JU back laugh

I hope he does! I'd like to see a fish in my boat again this year!

My favorite conditions.

Cold, windy, and rainy smirk

Shoot... thats much better than cold, foggy, and frosty. grin

Quote:
I sit down to watch the best QB in the NFL (IMO) lead the Vikes to victory

Great call shack your man T-Jack did just as you thought! smile

its still August, right?

This weather is a juju killer. but...

Dennis Steel and I had the JU-JU tonight and put new meaning to the cold front flats. We boated 12 flats and missed just as many.

Thanks Scott for a great night of action.

The flats were on a tear last night. We didn't get as many as Gordie and Dennis, but I think Scott had five and I had a couple along with a small channel. Now I'm off to the carp get-together on Lake Volney. Hope some of the other BPCL's will make it.

WWG and I made a big move early on but were glad for it. 4 flatties boated including John's boat thumper.

I also found a hanger-on when I reeled in.

1020007.jpg

It was the infamous "parrot flathead" of the Minnesota River. Just a little too large for booby trap consideration. We had to convince it to leave or we would eat it. If it had any magical powers, we would have tried to make it turn itself into a channel cat, as we couldn't buy one of those. We threw the figurative livewell at em in a couple spots but didn't find any luck. Crays alive and dead, cut bait, bullies, dipbait. Kind of a bummer. So I will concede to Brent...he had a nice run including some really big fish, its a wire to wire victory for him, similar to his run with flatties last year.

Here's our big fish for the night:

1020006a.jpg

1020005.jpg

Its was an awesome night to be on the river Larry and I had a slow night, but he was able to boat a nice little channel. I got one flat in the boat at 0109 nothing big 28x16, but at least not a complete skunk for the night just the league. Thanks again Larry for having me out. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

Nice night guys!

We had a stinker last night. It's getting harder to accept that the year is over me for the BPCL. It wasn't a good one as far as fishing goes.

I had 3 spots in mind last night that I thought would be good because of the current conditions. 2 were out of the question due to the low water and fog and the other was "preoccupied" laugh

It's getting more obvious as the days go by that I need to get a bigger boat (with a jet preferably), or at least one I that I feel safe going several miles in.

I think wwg has spoiled me in the RP. frown

It was good to get a couple quality fish in the boat.

The big one I got shook the boat with a bone jarring thump. I haven't had a hit like that in a while. She came out of shallow slack water and that just added to the intensity of the thump./

Here are the pictures from my two best fish.

JFlo_Flat_8-21-09_Scott_L.jpg

JFlo_Chan_8-21-09_Scott_L.jpg

Considering all the flats caught, it did not seem like many channels were caught. It will be interesting to see the full results.

Thanks again Scott for a great night on the river.

It was great fishing with you Gordie.

Good fishing and on league night!!

I like the way you think cats!

I was running the shuttle/guide service again as Brent had the "right" side of the boat all night.

Nice little 24x12 flat

Brent24x12Flat.jpg

32 x17 channel

Brent32x17.jpg

oh yeah, these where from the pre-occupied spot someone mentioned above whistle

yea Dennis that was a blast by far one of the best post spawn bite I've had in a long time. It would be fun to do the eye and duck thing this fall. see ya around dude

Thanks everyone for getting the pics in in a timely fashion. It helps a lot.

Nice job everyone on the fish caught. Brent won channels for the week, Jake and Jeremy tied for second. This is the second tie we've seen in 2nd place this year. John won flatheads, with Gordie taking second. Nice fish everyone.

Someone (Brent) has the season total channel cat category pretty well locked up, barring a HUGE fish next week from one of the next guys in line. I guess anything is possible, but I don't think it's very probable.

The flathead category looks to be a bit tighter, on the other hand. Week 6 will say it all in that category. Good luck to those in the running.

Keep em coming boys. I might not have scores posted right away next time because I'll be in Canada. We'll see. It might be Tuesday or Wednesday before anything gets posted.

The nice thing is, with weekly prizes, even those who aren't in the season-long running still has a reason to hit it hard for the all nighter!