• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• Here-Kitty-Kitty

• Papa Grump

• harvey lee

Quote:
I'm in last place in both divisions..... If I don't get on the board and move up a couple notches, I'm gonna have to find some good BPCL monkey repellant.

No whining now Larry. You should stay at the bottom, I'd have an excellant prize picked out just for you grin

Oh I know of the deeper spots, it is just getting between them at night in the fog through the shallow woody stuff that is becoming a pain.

thats why I run two gps's but its still that bump in the night you gotta worry about. grin

Okay guys.... Lets get this one back on track..... HJKK... I can't wait to fish with you in league in a few weeks... Were gonna have a serious meeting of the minds.

As for the rest of you tomorrow in league.... All I can say... I'm in last place in both divisions..... If I don't get on the board and move up a couple notches, I'm gonna have to find some good BPCL monkey repellant. whistle

I can't wait for a night in the LFC boat

Why are you at the bottom LFC??

Been getting really lucky this year on league nights.

As for you Grump.... stating a fact I am...... Whining.... not yet but I might be if I don't get a fish on the board.

I wish you all good luck tonight. You may all catch the third or lower fish as papa grump is going to put us on the larger variety.

LFC, i figured you for a weekly winner numerous times. The monkey must be following you around on league nights.

You still have 3 weeks left to put the hammer down, You will come through before the end I'll bet.

Wet [PoorWordUsage] and big fish all the way around! Who changed tactics and ran to a creek about 10:00ish wink?

Jsut a couple of channels for me and Tom. Swing and a miss right after the storms and then my channel hit about midnight.

20x12

Tom20x12.jpg

31 x16

Brian31x16.jpg

all I can say for rob and my self was there was just no ju-ju going on with the fish!! LFC I think the monkey swam to Henderson last night crygrin

Jeremy and I had an interesting night with the storm. Sure hope everyone made it in safely. Congratulations on your nice channel Brian. It had the same total points as my one and only fish, but there is a difference.

Here's my 30 X 17 daytime flat. It hit on cut creek chub with a spinner.

Jeremy_Flat_7-31-09_1-Scaled.jpg

Thanks Jeremy for a great evening. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge, and I learned about a new type of spot that I am going to start looking for, especially during low flow periods.

Things were good right up until the storm. We sat it out under the bridge, but might just as well pulled out as it was slow with a capital S afterwards. frown

Ya wet is right. John and I maned it out through the storm and was rewarded with two turtles all night. So another blank night for me. I think my third place is dropping

Here is my 19" turtle

Nice turtle Ed. If you don't win the prize for the largest turtle in the BPCL, there is no justice. I don't know anyone who can catch them like you.

I'm not clear on how you measure these for points. Is it the combined length and width of the top of the shell?

I'm not clear on how you measure these for points. Is it the combined length and width of the top of the shell?

make them stretch their neck as far as possible, then go tip of the tail to the tip of the mouth.

Good thing you dont have to catch fish to have a good time.

Thanks Gordie!

May the shadow people milk your goats.

Jake and I toughed it out through the storm, with plans to scoot to shelter if it got too bad. We were rewarded with a couple nice channels during the the thick of the downpour.... crazy

Good times fishing with you last night Jake, despite the soaking wet feet, and everything else, those lights kept going on all night..... finally sprayed the switch out. smirk

Sorry I've been pretty busy lately, fishing tonight too. Probably get to the scoring tomorrow night when the rugrat hits the hay.

Got the scores updated. Ouch. Tough week for flatheads, eh fellas. Looks like Dennis came though with a dandy 30 pounder, but otherwise the flathed category looks pretty weak. BIG change from the last contest night, to say the least. Went from 15 flatheads caught to 3. I guess that cold front and storm must have hosed stuff up.

Good job Dennis and Jerry for taking 1 and 2 in flatheads, and nice job to Larry and Brian for taking 1 and 2 in channels. Larry definitely can't get the monkey now that he's had a money fish. smile

And of course, Ed came through with that sweet 19 inch turtle, which is the biggest of the year so far from what I can tell.

Thanks for updating the scores Brian. It's fun to see how the different league nights switch around. Sure didn't expect my small flat to hold up for second place and by just 1 inch.

Quote:
Larry definitely can't get the monkey now that he's had a money fish.

All good things must come to an end sometime. grin

I scored the first night with a money channel and have had the monkey the whole rest of the year. So the monkey can strike after getting on the board. smile stupid monkey