• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• Here-Kitty-Kitty

• Papa Grump

• harvey lee

Thank Brian for taking me out tonight. Here are some of the fish we caught.

Brian caught the big one for the night 46 X 31, and the identity of the honey hole is protected.

Brian_R_No_BackG_6-26-09-1.jpg

Here's another shot:

Brian_R_KOTC_No_back_6-26-09.jpg

I caught two flats. One was only 20 X 12, and my larger one was 33 X 20.

Jerry_Flat_640_6-26-09.jpg

I also caught a 20 X 12 channel.

Jerry_Channel_640_6-26-09.jpg

It was a great night on the river, and the rain did not start in Jordan until after 1:00 PM.

Ed, looks like another title for you.

after tonight I might be taking that one and dont ask what happen to my minnow net cry found out the turtle in the last two pics doesnt count for league because it was hooked about and minnute before 1:am and boated abotu 2minnutes after 1:00 OH WELL maybe next time grin

010-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Thank Brian for taking me out tonight. Here are some of the fish we caught.

Brian caught the big one for the night 46 X 31, and the identity of the honey hole is protected.

Brian_R_No_BackG_6-26-09-1.jpg

Wow! Thats a 50lb, eh?

Litte scar action as well.

Hopefully not grin

Right after that picture was snapped, he took a good run at my forearm and almost connected.

Here's my biggest:

15" Diameter

006-4.jpg

That picture cracks me up. Its a flat...Its a Channel.. NO! Its Super Turtle! Up Up and Away!!!

We put 11 in the boat last night, but nothing even close to 40 lbs. I got a nice channel, but no turtles on a BPCL night yet.

Thanks Dtro for last night. We found the fish but nothing big. Thats fishing! Nice fish Brian!

Jeremy(gooseby10ga)must have boated about 6 or 7 fish while I got SKUNKED! It was still a good time though, even though I could have done without the streaks of lightning right over our heads!

Oh well, the lightning helped light our way back to the landing and Jeremy proved to be an awesome captain by getting us back safe and sound in the middle of a thunderstorm. Too bad we shined up that brand new prop though!

Well it's shaping up to be quite a battle. Some big fish caught. All photos have been uploaded to the gallery and the scores have been updated. Once again, Ed has won the channel division for the week.

Somebody better stop Ed before he runs away with the money title for the year. The season is only 1/2 over and he's already scored 3 weekly first place finishes. Nobody else has even been in the money twice yet.

Well, there's a lot of season left. The turtle division I don't have scored yet, but that's life. Too late to worry about that today, I'll get to it later.

Had a great time fishing with 4wanderingeyes. Got my PB flat, too bad it was only good for 3rd, had a great time regardless.

Well it's shaping up to be quite a battle. Some big fish caught. All photos have been uploaded to the gallery and the scores have been updated. Once again, Ed has won the channel division for the week.

Somebody better stop Ed before he runs away with the money title for the year. The season is only 1/2 over and he's already scored 3 weekly first place finishes. Nobody else has even been in the money twice yet.

Well, there's a lot of season left. The turtle division I don't have scored yet, but that's life. Too late to worry about that today, I'll get to it later.

What about my two second place fish? I think I'm doing good and fast Eddie shows me up by two inches. Nice fish Ed. The worst of it is I missed a flat that would've kept me closer in the running.

Thanks Brian for posting the scores so quickly. It sure is fun to see how we did, and last Friday (6/26/09) was an incredible night for flatheads.

In all of 2008, only one BPCL flathead was caught that approached 50 pounds (probably about 48.5 pounds). The next largest flat in 2008 on a league night was probably about 36 pounds. Four flats over 30 pounds were caught in 2008, and it took 126 hours to catch a 30 pounder or larger flat.

Last Friday, three flats were 45 pounds or more including Papa Grump's 52 pounder. The next largest flat was about 17 pounds, so there was quite a gap in size from the three largest flats to the next one. It took only 40 fishing hours to catch one of these three fish compared to the 126 hours to catch a 30 plus pounder in 2008.

Individual angler success was also high last Friday with 75% of the league anglers catching at least one flathead. That compares to 34.5% on league nights for the 2008 season. Last Friday it took 8 angling hours to boat at least one flat compared to 17.4 hours for the overall 2008 season.

It would be interesting to see if we could correlate some of these great nights (and poor nights) to weather, river, or moon conditions. Papa Grump and I were fishing out of Jordan and noticed the river was rising from some rain earlier in the week downstream from Jordan. The weather was hot, but a storm and cold front were coming in with rain starting about 1:00 AM Saturday. The river temperature was 80 degrees. His flat was caught before sunset, about 8:30 PM.

If you were lucky enough to be fishing last Friday, you should have had good luck.

I know someone who told PapaGrump on Thursday that this past Fri would be the best night (catching wise) that we've had in last 2 or 3 years whistle

I based that statement on 4 things, three of which you mentioned Jerry.

Weather pattern, river level, moon phase, and water temp. The stars lined up and those that put their bait in the right spot were rewarded.

We've caught 7 or 8 sub 32" fish in the past few nights. Could be a sign that things might be slowing down a bit. I hope not.

Originally Posted By: dtro
wow, Ed caught a 48lb channel?

Nice

I wish. 48 pts maybe

I was going to say.

Originally Posted By: dtro
wow, Ed caught a 48lb channel?

Nice

I wish. 48 pts maybe

That fish had a beer belly on it.