• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• Here-Kitty-Kitty

• Papa Grump

• harvey lee

I like a little fog.......

Tom tells me that he has a good feeling about tonight. I guess that means I get to catch the big ones then.

Tom tells me that he has a good feeling about tonight. I guess that means I get to catch the big ones then.

Did you say frog?

That's funny because Andrew says that new guys are always lucky in his boat. Must be me that will be catching the big ones! grin

The good feling was for me WWG. I guess we could get you one after my 40.

Frog-sure.

I'm not so sure I like the river being up 2.5 feet and the temp dropping from last Friday. I think I will be starting from scratch tonight instead of working the spots that I had dialed in last week. Oh well, that's the beauty of river fishing.

I wonder if a guy could find some warmer water temps somewhere. Yes Ed, one will be checking many different areas and structure tonight.

Good luck to all.

Good luck tonight boys.

The Sub boat will be out tonight,hitting all those Shakopee spots before you guys get there smile

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
Wish I could have gotten in on this...maybe next year.

You should, it's a great chance to fish with some great people and learn a lot as well. I saw the post last year and was like what the hell I don't know any of these guys, it sounds like fun and it has been.

I will definitely get in on this next year, and will have a boat by then too.

Quote:
I like a little fog

Next time you wish for fog like that, I think we are all going to have a few choice words for you. ....Nevermind... you had Tom with you so I guess we really don't need to grin

That was a fun drive back last night ,eh?

That was a thick fog. About as bad as the last night 2 years ago. It was a long 8 miles.

It was a tough night out there, slow, foggy and chilly. Congrats to those who caught fish.

Was it foggy enough for you, John?

Kyle -- Thanks for a great night. I don't know how you made it back to the landing without hitting anything. Heck, I don't know how you found the landing.

Hope everyone made it back safely.

Here was our view of the river.

Fog_6-12-09.jpg

We also caught some fish:

JFlo_Chan_6-12-09_KyleB_Scale.jpg

KyleB_Chan_6-12-09.jpg

KyleB_Flat_6-12-09.jpg

Thanks again for a great night. I'll send the pictures and measurement to the BPCL web site.

I know I am not in the league (just a sub) but the fog was thick in spots last night. Not bad enough to hug the shore line all the way back to the launch but enough to drop a guy down to "no wake" for a stretch.

Intresting night for the sub boat last night grin From a "long haul" to many others things grin

I know Capt Firman Andy will be getting a new upgrade for the R.P. soon wink Just remember Andy "No! My port side your starboard" grin

It was a fun night for sure! Now on to day 2 for me and the shoot out.

Jerry I didnt know you in my boat last night taking pics that is excactly what it looked like.even with the gps it was hard to navigate and the last couple miles no gps didnt have it on at the landing eek

HotPocket was on fire last night guys and it was great fishing with him I drew a blank and he caught six fish two for league

How does the sub thing work? If I need to miss a night and need a sub, and they catch a fish...do I get their points? Just curious how this works.

I have a bunch of family coming into town the 26th for a grad party we are hosting the 27th. So I'm debating on if its worth the hassle. I would hate to have to take a goose egg for that night tho. Especially after Dave and I took two goose eggs on Friday.

Had a good time Friday night with Andrew, even though we got skunked! Maybe new guys aren't that lucky after all.

Sounds like we were lucky that we left a little bit early. The fog wasn't too bad when we left but it was starting to get thick.

I'm sure someone else will chime in on this, but I think I remember Brian saying that the sub gets the points if you have a sub and you get nothing, just like we got on Friday night!

No sub points awarded for a missed night, but remember we only count 5 of the 6 nights

Just for the record guys, all fish for the BPCL should be submitted to the cat league email address. I have no part in the admin duties of the league (just a contestant like the rest) so don’t assume that if the pictures are sent to me that they will find their way there.

Just for the record guys, all fish for the BPCL should be submitted to the cat league email address. I have no part in the admin duties of the league (just a contestant like the rest) so don’t assume that if the pictures are sent to me that they will find their way there.

Yeah sorry about that Darren. I couldnt remember the address and told him to send em to you...as I thought you had a hand in running this.

What happens now? can he still get his fish in?

I forwarded the info today. They will have to decide what they want to do.

I didn't see anywhere in the email about entering fish for the league, sorry. frown

How does the sub thing work? If I need to miss a night and need a sub, and they catch a fish...do I get their points? Just curious how this works.

I have a bunch of family coming into town the 26th for a grad party we are hosting the 27th. So I'm debating on if its worth the hassle. I would hate to have to take a goose egg for that night tho. Especially after Dave and I took two goose eggs on Friday.

If you are looking for a sub, I am open that night!

Or if any one else is as well.

What happens now? can he still get his fish in?

I made a command decision and added the fish to the gallery and the score spreadsheet, since the original email that was sent to the wrong address was sent well within the time limits specified.

The entries should all be up to date at this point, with the winners looking like Ed (flathead) and Jerry (channel). Congrats fellas!! The pics are up on the website.

If we get a softshell or snapping turtle category, maybe Ed could win that next week to make it a trifecta!

See Jeremy good thing we went back and untangled that fish or you would've donated $25 back to the river lol.