• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FREE Seminar: Southern-style Walleyes, '09 MN Opener...

I was recently contacted by the staff at Gander Mountain in Mankato, MN and asked to find an hour (or so) on my calendar for a seminar between now and walleye opener. Not an easy task but I did find one, so please mark your calendars too!

When: Sunday, May 3 @ 3:00 pm

Where: The Gander Lodge; Gander Mountain - Mankato, MN

At this seminar, I will focus on making sure you and your fishing partners are prepared for this year's walleye opener. Topics will include but are not limited to:

1. Location

2. Technique

3. Presentation

4. Gear

I'm really looking forward to this. It would be awesome to see many of you there, so spread the word. If you or others plan to attend, respond to this post. Thank you.

Count me in.Always fun and interesting.I`ll bring the camcorder again.

Nice to see a roster forming. With an early ice-out this year for the area, there will be many options for putting fish in the boat. However, it's important to have a game plan in place prior to making your first cast on opening morning. Let me help you put the pieces of the puzzle together. This seminar is not just for a beginner either. Often times, a discussion ensues on any particular subject and each of us learn from one another. If you're on the fence deciding to attend or not, you definitely should.

Shoot!

Unfortunately I'll be in Costa Rica on vacation... Well, not unfortnately, but I'm bummed that I will miss this. I'm a Pike, Bass and Panfish guy but Walleyes are my weak spot down here in the south. I'd really like to learn more about them and how they related to structure, etc. Hopefully this wont be your only seminar.

Can we get the Cliff notes version this weekend TO?

If you play your cards right. However, I'll be sleeping with my GPS. Ha!

Dang, i have my fishing league banquet from last season up in st cloud. Wont be able to make it after all.

I like the sounds of so many being able to attend. Let's fill up The Gander Lodge and talk walleyes!

Hope to see many of you this Sunday afternoon. I'll be working on the agenda tomorrow morning while I await the delivery of my prop, so if you have something specific you want covered, please let me know. Thanks.

if you have something specific you want covered, please let me know. Thanks.

I want to scan your brain for your shallow water tactics grin

Hope to see many of you this Sunday afternoon. I'll be working on the agenda tomorrow morning while I await the delivery of my prop, so if you have something specific you want covered, please let me know. Thanks.

Info on the shallow eyes would be good. What type of water are we looking for, ie. are types of shallow water better than others..

Shallow water will definitely be touched on but be sure to bring specific questions with you as well.

I am about 90% sure I will be there. I will take any help you can offer. I don't have a clue how to catch a walleye around here.

A sneak peek at the agenda...

1. Windward vs. leeward side of lake

2. How shallow water transition areas affect (and impact) early season water clarity.

3. Deep vs. shallow water.

when all else seems to be failing, what method/lure does Jamison Vanden Einde find himself using/going to?

perhaps a little snippit on selective harvest/CPR? or is that too touchy?